Acquisitions Mon. 30th Aug. to Sun. 5th Sept. incl.

andyjreid said:
I got 96 (ordered 100) Gillette Super Thin Blades from Huny from ebay.

Got Vietnamese ones this time instead of Thai. Is there much difference? Like a chalk and cheese difference.

I couldn't tell much difference between the two, if anything though i just preferred the feel of the Vietnamese ones which is why i bought a couple of hundred from Hyun rather than the guy from Thai

Went to Kempton Antiques Market today, bumped into Chris (neocaligatio) still trying to convince him i'm not stalking him got myself a Gillette New Belmont (thought it was a Bostonian) but on closer inspection and checking Mr Razors site, it is the Belmont, also got myself a Wilkinson Sticky, three parker 45's and a parker 25 Fountain pens.... all for the bargain price
of £15.00

will post pics after cleaning

Just arrived photo shows scale of razor (Pencil is my old Caran D'Ache), Will have a shave soon then report (very happy with it already)

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 96
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 96
Quite a few items

Connaught Violet shaving creme and bonus blades - thanks Konstantinos
TOBS Eton college aftershave and Badger and Hone hot towel - didn't hit the 20 but they still threw one in.
Vulfix bodger 404 from diamond edge, I was quite suprised at how much stiffer this was to my EJ BBB
La toja shave stick - thanks Nigel

Just waiting on the blue beards revenge and brush holder from shaving shack n

Very nice wee parcel this morning courtesy of Scorpio & his Mum (thanks m8). Ever Ready SE with two complimentary shave samplers. I'm looking forward to trying out the Barbus.

JohnnyO. :roll:

La Toja shaving stick arrived this morning, many thanks Nigel
Thanks also to Urban hermit,,,plenty there to keep me busy,,confused even :shock: they arrived this morning.
regards, beejay

Small parcel from Germany today, containing a very slim razor, and a stick of divinely scented soap :lol:

I really couldn't be bothered to set up a tripod this time, opting instead to mutilate the shaky photo even more. The monster Hamburg Ring is there to show how skinny the other one is. It's a Fermarud, by Gebrüder Lang.

beejay said:
La Toja shaving stick arrived this morning, many thanks Nigel
Thanks also to Urban hermit,,,plenty there to keep me busy,,confused even :shock: they arrived this morning.
regards, beejay

Oh good. I love confusing people without even having to do anything surreal or even 'somewhat odd'. They are itemised, in my own way, and I did email to give advanced notice. Have fun.

On the acquisition front here at home:

Dateline: Wednesday, 01-09-2010.

Today the post brought a plethora of goodies. Including a replacement razor head from EJ/TESC; a pot of Proraso soap from Nigel (thanks dude!); Nanny's own handmade soapy grandness in the forms of her new (and splendidly scented according to first whiff test) Rose Geranium soap, along with an equal amount of her new formula/olde tyme odour Eucalyptus soap (smells quite interesting actually - still not sure why all those Koalas get so ultimate fanboy about it but, hey, to each their own), and a teeny-tottle-in-a-tiny-bottle of her Warm Spice cream (ta muchly Sharon!).

From the bay d'E-ness an ultrasonic cleaner by Delta High Living (who wha??)! Anyone used one by this brand? - or got the URL for the instruction manual (for the 600ml sized one)?

• Still waiting on some spindles from the states from cooncat bob (about a month now - bloody terrorists messing with my shaving fun!), and trade stuffs from Manish of Maharaja Shaving, in Mumbai (bloody monsoons and flus messing with my shaving fun!!)[/list:u]
      • Time to eat, maybe play with the USCleanie-thing then maybe try and set up a no-holds-barred eXtrEme lather contest to see what new soap to use in tonight's shave.
          • Or work on my "eenie meeney miny mo" skills, perhaps.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]