Acquisitions Mon 2 August to Sun 8 Aug inc.

sunburyboy93 said:
Went Car booting in Guildford this morning as normal and had quite a good result.....
need to clean em but should be ok, all work fine, i spoke to the girl selling and she said they all belonged to her Grandad...and he was now in a Home so they were sorting through his stuff :(

Thats abit crap,although atleast you bought them rather than someone that came along and knew they could make a profit on ebay from them.
How much did they set you back mate or is prices abit hush hush?I seem to be the only one that mentions how much i paid :lol:

Yeah it's harsh when you hear things like that............there was all sorts of stuff on the same table, someones life in bits laid out in front of you.... :(

She had the Razors maked up for two quid each, i got four, and paid three for another Rolls at another pitch. so eleven quid for that lot is a result...

there was a guy there trying to haggle her down on another Rolls and a Straight......two quid FFS !! peaople drive me mad, last week i saw someone selling a Mug, she was asking for 20p and the guy offered 10........leave it out, it's 20p for gods sake !!!

steve

You, sunbury, me old china, are the jammiest jammy sod of the highest order of jammy sods!

• ... I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course.[/list:u][/list:u]

+1 to scorpio's sentiments that they were snarfled up by a sympathetic addict, rather than a profiteering tightwad.

i am not embarrassed, she marked them at the price that she wanted, and i paid those prices, i would never haggle though, i rarely ever haggle with anything, if it's too much i walk away if it's right then i buy.

I know what they are worth if i was to sell them, but im keeping them, maybe i will sell a tech and a rolls at some point but it will only be to another enthusiast at a fair price who will appreciate them, it gives others a chance to own razors that they might never find themselves.

i'm happy i got what i wanted at a good price, the seller got the money she wanted, and maybe someone else will gain a nice Razor soon....

sunburyboy93 said:
i am not embarrassed, she marked them at the price that she wanted, and i paid those prices, i would never haggle though, i rarely ever haggle with anything, if it's too much i walk away if it's right then i buy.

I know what they are worth if i was to sell them, but im keeping them, maybe i will sell a tech and a rolls at some point but it will only be to another enthusiast at a fair price who will appreciate them, it gives others a chance to own razors that they might never find themselves.

i'm happy i got what i wanted at a good price, the seller got the money she wanted, and maybe someone else will gain a nice Razor soon....

I think pedro was talking about said person talking down a 20p mug down to 10p.
To be honest im the same,if they say a price and i think its worth it i would have no problems shelling out the price they ask but if i think its too much or im not too fussed i will just walk on.
Now if its something i really want and its abit above what i can spend i would ask them to come down to what i have,by the way Sunny,where do you live?Im moving out there sometime soon to get some of these finds you keep getting :lol:

Fair dos Sunster, you put in the hours looking around m8. It just seems like you're always blessed because we only hear of the succesfull outings. Sides, if we couldn't moan about you we'd just have to find someone else who wouldn't be as good natured about it as you are !

JohnnyO. ;)

oh it's not always succesfull, last week i got bugger all shaving gear, the week before i got one Shulton Old Spice AS Balm in a plastic bottle but it took me 2 hours of walking around a muddy field to get that...

last year i went loads of times and got bugger all, where i have found stuff though i have been lucky...

now with my Vintage Pen Addiction at least i have more to look for.

right now lets get cleaning em up !

An un-badged Fido 2201, maybe it can sneak onto B&B unnoticed.

Tabac in the ceramic bowl from a trade with shrink.

I waited until early afternoon yesterday to shave as I thought these might arrive and I really wanted to give them a run out. Well they did arrive, it just turns out my rather helpful neighbour decided to take delivery of them even though we were in and has only just remembered about it.

So that's two shaves I could have had with the New Forest and Tabac, two shaves I can never get back. :cry:

I bought my first DE razor yesterday, a Merkur 34C HD, and a pack of Merkur Platinum blade (it's all they had!)
Today I bought a Gillette Rocket of the Bay, but I'll have to wait a few days to see if it's any good ;)

I'll need to get a sample pack of blades, any suggestions? The merkur ones did a brilliant job, but I have nothing to compare them to.
Also planning on buying a dead badger, preferably from the same retailer as the blades, to save on shipping.

FB.

Connaught Shaving do a good sample blade pack.

Look in the Shoping section on the Board Index then click Shopping Links and Feedback then 1st posting Uk Shops and online vendors gives you a list of suppliers. Watch out for postage as some have a flat fee whilst some like badger and hone offer free postage.

simmo3801 said:
Connaught Shaving do a good sample blade pack.

Look in the Shoping section on the Board Index then click Shopping Links and Feedback then 1st posting Uk Shops and online vendors gives you a list of suppliers. Watch out for postage as some have a flat fee whilst some like badger and hone offer free postage.
Well, thanks to Matt31 and his BSRP phase 1 (Blade Stash Reduction Program) I should get some, sometime soon :D

FB.

Was passing Boots yesteday, so picked up another bottle of Old Spice Whitewater a/s. You know, just in case....

I am just waiting on for some razor parts to turn up, and then I think I'm done for a while.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom