Acquisitions 7 Mar. - 14 Mar.

i thought the RAD would be easy to avoid. i got a decent first razor in the 38C and thought that would be the end of it.

but that aristocrat and the fatboy look gorgeous. and i dearly want a superspeed in my collection - maybve *cough* more than one *cough*

guess i'll be keeping an eye on ebay from now on :)

NatJag said:
Lucky you. How much did you get that lot for. what did they look like before you'd cleaned them up?

£34, would you believe.

I'll try and post a pre-clean shot tonight. Just received an old Gillette in an ornate tin this morning that I paid a couple of quid for. It was as if the tin was sitting in a bag of brown powder - it's rust coming off it! I'm curious to see if I can get THAT cleaned up or not. The razor's fine - tarnished with some plate loss on the head.

The Natural Grooming Co face wash and moisturiser. I was in Asda in a hurry, and thought that I was buying "The Real shaving Co."

The packaging is very similar, and it turns out that both ranges are made by the same people. :?: Anyway it's good stuff and the tubes say in red "parabens free". I have no idea what a paraben is. But if they are free, then count me in.

I've been using that Sedburgh (glycerine) soap before shaving and like it a lot. I still maintain that whatever the company say, it's not suitable for use as a shaving soap, though.

I use Waitrose glycerine soap £1 a puck for washing my face, any way todays booty

1 tube of Ingrams and a bottle of Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

Tony_B said:
I use Waitrose glycerine soap £1 a puck for washing my face, any way todays booty

1 tube of Ingrams and a bottle of Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

I tried a splash of the Superdrug aftershave when I popped in there today - its not bad for the price. Smells better than boots own and I can still smell it on my hand.

Also got a Boots shave stick as I'm going away in a couple of weeks and the plastic case for it will come in handy. Plus picked up a can of Brut deodorant whilst in there. Should I be admitting to that :oops: :oops:

Today's couple-of-quid eBay punt arrived. Before & after first cleanup:

Before
IMG_0891.JPG

After
IMG_0904.JPG

It's one of those unusual open ball-ends:

IMG_0906.JPG

Not a clue what it is - can't see it on Mr Razor's site.

Found a ludicrous shop today selling safety workwear deckchairs and kitchen utensils in the main ...and the striking comedy gold was -

Denim Black & Brut shave cream tubes :D

God knows what they'll be like but they will do 1970's shaves a treat im sure!

Andy said:
Found a ludicrous shop today selling safety workwear deckchairs and kitchen utensils in the main ...and the striking comedy gold was -
Denim Black & Brut shave cream tubes :D
God knows what they'll be like but they will do 1970's shaves a treat im sure!

I assume you bought a tube of each Andy? ;)
I would love to know how you get on with the Brut

AJP said:
I assume you bought a tube of each Andy? ;)
I would love to know how you get on with the Brut

:D I sure did and shall turn be giving them a try on the next two shaves

I'll send you off a brut sample tony and you can live the disco magic too

Oooooh, yes please! :D

I still love the smell of Brut! A throwback to my old man (and me trying to be a stud in my younger days :oops: )

You still got my address?

Back
Top Bottom