Acquisitions 7 Mar. - 14 Mar.

Natjag asked what my Wed acquisitions looked like before cleaning - here are a few shots:

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

Actually makes them look a lot cleaner than they were!

hunnymonster said:
lagaffe said:
Flare-tastic!!

I love the incongruity of workwear and 70s-flavoured shave creams being sold in the same place :D

It's reminded me of what used to be a similar emporium of queerness near Blyth Spirit.... so I sent him a PM :D

Was that to place an order for a Wing-tipped donkey jacket and a glitter ball bread bin then hunnymonster :eek: ?

Andy said:
Was that to place an order for a Wing-tipped donkey jacket and a glitter ball bread bin then hunnymonster :eek: ?

ROTFL - I bet they don't have anything that modern... about 6 or 7 years ago my late granny wanted a new companion set for her fire - searched everywhere and found nowt... went in this place and they had a choice of about 2 dozen. Most of them from the 1950s & 1960s.... but it wasn't just companion sets they had, all sorts of stuff you'd not seen for 30+ years. All BNIB - it was no antique shop - a bleeding ironmongers.

Not many places you can go and buy a spokeshave off the shelf... this was one. I hope it's not closed or changed :(

OK so it was going to be a restrained week, but now I have a shiny new Merkur Futur in Chrome that the postman had just dropped off :D

Looking forward to trying it out.

Kiss My Face Key Lime shave cream -- beginning of the week
Simmo Duke 3 (best) -- yesterday
Gillette Sensor Excel cartridges -- " "

1955 Redtip SS and a cake of Van De Hagen soap sent to me by an american friend - who the Wife calls my "Pen Pal" in sarcastic tones!!

Never tried the VDH so will be interesting to see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom