Acquisitions 4th - 10th April

Smell The Glove said:
Audiolab said:
Bollocks if you are tight for room throw a pair of her shoes out the case and stick in a full shave kit. I never travel with anything less than a full kit (unless going carry on), and the only "Travel" item I use is the Simpsons Major brush which ironically is heavier and bigger when cased than some normal brushes.

The wife is quite strong so am sure she can handle the weight in the cases, after all I need both hands free in case someone attacks her.

I work month on, month off (usually) on a ship in the North Sea.

I shy away from taking a full DE kit with me on the boat, because sometimes it takes all my attention to just stand upright while shaving, while the boat is doing its best to throw me off of my feet. Plus I just don't like having my good Futur or HD rattling around in my wash bag or sliding around the bathroom while I hold on for dear life.
Also I don't take my wife's shoes to work with me. I think that after a few days at at sea there may be a danger of me being a little too popular with my shipmates :oops: .

I had a pretty crappy time last trip with disposables and gel, so gonna bite the bullet and take a minimal DE kit with me next time. It was a good excuse to buy a travel razor.

Ah I understand, not holiday. I shaved on the QE2 with a Futur while crossing the Bay of Biscay so I am hard as they come :lol:

Back on topic, I picked up a few nice vintage DE's some Gillettes and other makes during a leisurely drive and stopping here and there and asking around at work etc. Couple of Aristocrat/Jnrs and a few Techs. A pack of Gillette "spoiler" blades which I intend to use for the hell of it and a cake of Goats milk shaving soap from a village which I am too scared to try.

Smell The Glove said:
I work month on, month off (usually) on a ship in the North Sea.

Out of topic for a few secs - just spotted that one - it appears we're in the same business, Stevie (though I'm usually found on land...)

moodymick said:
This week, i've mainly been buying......Thayers Witch Hazel, but trying hard to resist Karaoke disks :shock:

Yeah noted those tracks on the site, thankfully the Thayers is all in one section so you can get straight to it.

N_Architect said:
Went to a local shop today, had some nice looking badger brushes out in the window, thought I should check it out.

Turns out they stock almost all products of a company called "L'Erbolario" - never heard of it till today.

<snipped>

Perhaps you can find out where they get them from. I just checked out their website (scroll down to get to the shaving/men's section of goods), and a fair number of the items seems pretty interesting - depending on how 'perfumey' the stuff is.
... also, depending on price, of course, as I couldn't find any prices on that site, but then, I didn't spend too long searching as I must away to bed, to try and sleep.

Damian Murphy said:
Audiolab said:
Bollocks if you are tight for room throw a pair of her shoes out the case and stick in a full shave kit. I never travel with anything less than a full kit (unless going carry on), and the only "Travel" item I use is the Simpsons Major brush which ironically is heavier and bigger when cased than some normal brushes.

The wife is quite strong so am sure she can handle the weight in the cases, after all I need both hands free in case someone attacks her.

And they say the age of chivalry is dead

Yeah but the truth is I am slightly hen pecked like all of us here, I know who really wears the trousers...me when she lets me :lol:

Forgot to mention I picked up a few packs of UK Wilkinson Sword blades from the local Pharmacy on the way home tonight, I had cleaned him out before but he found a few more packs, still had the the pillar pack and they seems to be UK NOS, I tried to act casual about it and told him to go look some more.

soapalchemist said:
Aren't 'try' and 'sleep' contradictions in terms?

I used to be much more laidback about my insomnia - I never lost any sleep over it.
... er, that might benefit from re-phrasing; too tired to figure it out at the mo, though.
:?

I'm not a morning person.

Urban Hermit said:
Perhaps you can find out where they get them from.

Will have to ask, I suppose they get them from the manufacturer in Italy. I also checked their website, difficult to navigate but products seem nice.

Their fern shaving cream tube is around GBP 10-11, their ASBs are around GBP 18. Scents look very nice indeed, but I would not say they are so strong.

Mind you also that I do not have another fern product, e.g. English fern, so that I can compare; therefore other opinions may vary.

I may buy their fern or myrtle shaving cream & balm this weekend - if so, I will post a review.

I have also noticed that Amazon.com offers them, through a retailer.

Audiolab said:
Yeah but the truth is I am slightly hen pecked like all of us here ... <snipped>

My girlfriend says I should resent that blanket statement.
... or did she say I should 'resemble' that blanket statement? I wasn't really listening as well as she always says I should, I guess.
:p

Smell The Glove said:
Back to the pound shop.
Some more Real Shaving Co. moisturising shave cream and some face scrub. Not saying how much they cost. You have to guess. :D

Snap! I've been stocking up with RSC cream. Got 5 tubs now :lol:
I also got my Every Ready SE today and my 1974 Gillette SuperSpeed U4. The SS is my Birthday razor for later this month :p

Bit the bullet and got:

L'ERBOLARIO

Myrtle shaving cream
Myrtle After Shave Elixir (alcohol-free)

Felci shaving cream
Felci After Shave Balsam

JANEKE (don't know the brand but box says "ITALY 1830")

Boar brush (had to try - needed something strong for my soaps and also you guys are driving me crazy here with all that said about value boars)

Back
Top Bottom