Acquisitions 28th March - 3rd April

Autosol is certainly good stuff, but it is emphatically not non abrasive, and repeated use may well wear through plating. A much milder, but still just about abrasive alternative is Belgom Alu; as the name suggests it works wonders on aluminium, but it's a safer option for any non ferrous metals (nickel and chrome plating, brass etc).

Tony_B said:
A Gillette Knack/Slim Twist and I think according to Mr Razors site a Gillette 58 will post pics after they've cleaned up, I got these for nothing from the local freecycle network :mrgreen: .

Gillette # 58 are excellent razors. A tad on the aggressive side.

Aluminium-handled Gillette Tech (1963?) which came in a 'genuine hide grooming kit' I got on eBay for £3.97 including postage!
Tabac aftershave*, Boots Essentials AS Balm, Jasper Conran AS Balm (reduced from £22 to £5.50 in Debenhams at Ocean Terminal!!) - all courtesy of the birthday money I got from my Grandad :D
(Not to mention free samples of a few aftershaves the woman chucked in the bag)

(*I really like the smell of the Tabac AS - so much better than the Imperial Leather-y shaving stick scent.)

lagaffe said:
Aluminium-handled Gillette Tech (1963?) which came in a 'genuine hide grooming kit' I got on eBay for £3.97 including postage!

You lucky git. I have noticed that the grooming/travel kits don't fetch much money on ebay. I just got one for 9.99 inc postage. that was the only bid. I reckon you could take the razor out and sell them on B&B for a reasonable profit. I'm yet to receive mine in the post (only 'won' it yesterday) so will wait before I officially post my acquisition on here.

NatJag said:
lagaffe said:

You lucky git. I have noticed that the grooming/travel kits don't fetch much money on ebay. I just got one for 9.99 inc postage. that was the only bid. I reckon you could take the razor out and sell them on B&B for a reasonable profit. I'm yet to receive mine in the post (only 'won' it yesterday) so will wait before I officially post my acquisition on here.

They do all tend to have the same type of Tech in them, but since i didn't have one I thought I'd take a shot. I actually got mine for £3.29 all-in, now that I checked back. Apparently he meant to start it off at £1.99 but made a mistake and started it at 99p! So when it sold for £1.31 he didn't even meet his original reserve price :D It's actually a lovely little kit which I think I might end up using on my travels.

Ordered yesterday:

TOBS Sandalwood Cream
TOBS Avocado Cream
TOBS no 74 Lime AS

from the Gentlemen's shop. What a hasstle free transaction. Also had the despatched email yesterday evening too, so should soon be here! Free P&P and even better for me, automatic VAT reduction for a BFPO address - we are supposed to be shopping tax free, though only a few websites do it!

Only realised after i had ordered that it was a total TOBS order! Hmmm, "Tony....sponsored by Taylors of Old Bond Street" :lol:

Look what my folks brought me back from the US (except for the Fatboy, which is just there to add scale to the pic as the bottles are HUGE!):

IMG_1130.JPG

moodymick said:
A British fat handled Tech and hopefully tomorrow will go to pick up some Erasmic sticks and maybe a tube of the cream - 'cos it's cheap and it's gonna make me smell like Gene Hunt's polyester string vest ;)

The cream is fantastic stuff but I prefer the soap in a bowl to the sticks; I find that the sticks can crumble for England. However you must try them, that's the beauty of this addiction.

Please let me/us know how you rate them...?

Arrowhead said:
Blimey: are you going to install an optic rail for those Lagaffe?

Heh heh.... actually, I almost fancy a swig of the Bay Rum as it reminds me of mulled wine when I take a sniff from the bottle! It becomes much more manly & spicy on the skin - loved the scent coming from me all morning after liberally applying it mixed in with my AS balm.

Back
Top Bottom