Acquisitions 28th March - 3rd April

Gillette New (I think) with an unusual slotted head. Couldn't really see what it was from the blurry eBay pic, but it was cheap enough to take a gamble with. Someone on B&B has suggested the cap may be the wrong one. I don't really care - it looks great now it's cleaned up & I love these pre-40s Gillettes - they give a brilliant shave.

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

It looked like this when it arrived earlier today:

Photo571.jpg

lagaffe said:
Gillette New (I think) with an unusual slotted head. Couldn't really see what it was from the blurry eBay pic, but it was cheap enough to take a gamble with. Someone on B&B has suggested the cap may be the wrong one. I don't really care - it looks great now it's cleaned up & I love these pre-40s Gillettes - they give a brilliant shave.

IMG_1050.JPG

It looked like this when it arrived earlier today:
Photo571.jpg

What do you use to clean them. You seem to be getting quite a collection.

I just can't help putting a wee bid in when I see a nice one on eBay - though it'll have to stop soon!

For cleaning I usually do the following:

1. Boil if it's not a lacquered or gold-plated razor - that gets some of the worst gunk / scum off.
2. Scrub with Tesco washing-up liquid and an old toothbrush
3. Polish with Autosol or MAAS metal polish
4. Buff up with a clean cloth

Next one on its way is, I think, a 60s Tech that I got as part of an 'old shaving kit in an old hide case' for £1.31 plus £1.98 postage....

Just arrived, from The Irish Barber (registered post, like that)

Muhle R89
Muhle ceramic bowl

Very kind of them to supply free of charge two small packs of Personna blades. Great service, once again.

Arrivals_30Mar.jpg

N_Architect said:

Muhle R89
Muhle ceramic bowl

Very kind of them to supply free of charge two small packs of Personna blades. Great service, once again.

I love using my Mühle R89. You should find it really easy to use with great results

N_Architect said:

Muhle R89
Muhle ceramic bowl

Arrivals_30Mar.jpg

I like your pencil sharpener, trade you for some Penhaligon's?

lagaffe said:
Gillette New (I think) with an unusual slotted head. Couldn't really see what it was from the blurry eBay pic, but it was cheap enough to take a gamble with. Someone on B&B has suggested the cap may be the wrong one.

It is and they can come in all sorts of variations, I have a few and they are almost all different.

I got this puppy yesterday....SWMBO had to be kept out of the picture, if you get my drift - hence a day late. It was made in the 1930's as best i can find out.

dsc0106m.jpg

Attachments

• WilkoEmpire.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 82
  • WilkoEmpire1.jpg
  • WilkoEmpire2.jpg
A Gillette Knack/Slim Twist and I think according to Mr Razors site a Gillette 58 will post pics after they've cleaned up, I got these for nothing from the local freecycle network :mrgreen: .

Nivea AS cream (sensitive skin) [still debating whether to take it back and get the ASB instead];
Florame ASB and moisturizing cream [these are supposed to be pretty descent and more or less organic, so let's give them a try this weekend];
Sante AS [this is scented, again kind of natural, though in theory not as good in quality as Florame].

Tried a couple of Dr. Hauschka products and their moisturizers appeared kind of oily for me, so I passed (for the moment).

lagaffe said:
I just can't help putting a wee bid in when I see a nice one on eBay - though it'll have to stop soon!

For cleaning I usually do the following:

1. Boil if it's not a lacquered or gold-plated razor - that gets some of the worst gunk / scum off.
2. Scrub with Tesco washing-up liquid and an old toothbrush
3. Polish with Autosol or MAAS metal polish
4. Buff up with a clean cloth

Next one on its way is, I think, a 60s Tech that I got as part of an 'old shaving kit in an old hide case' for £1.31 plus £1.98

postage....

Autosol is a brilliant non abrasive cleaning product. I use it when I clean my bells. Whitechapel Bell Foundry recommend it. Brings out a lovely colour in bronze

Back
Top Bottom