Acquisitions 20 Feb. - 27 Feb

That's a beaut razor, Attero.

The Naked Ape's stash has recently acquired a tube of blue Ingrams cream (bought from the newly opened and rather empty-looking pharmacy down the road); Edwin Jagger Sandalwood soap (hope it performs as well as the Sea Buckthorn); and is waiting for the imminent arrival of a hunk of Martin de Candre from a group buy.

I've also re-acquired a Parker, which I bought from Shave Shack last October, used once, cut myself thrice, and gifted to my Father-in-Law soon after. He returned it last Saturday saying it wasn't his thing. Oh well, should make a decent handle for the Feather Portable head at least.

At the moment I'm considering 'pulling da trigga' on a Simpson's Duke 3, and either a new bottle of Proraso balm (fantastic stuff!) or Speick lotion (never tried it) or DR Harris Milk (never tried it). Quite interested in the Pre de Provence a/s balm, too.

Work hard; buy hard. :roll:

slash said:
Some boots sandalwood balm whilst on offer
3 tubs of body shop shaving cream whilst on offer
6 sticks of Arko
5 tubes of various arko kindly purchased by a mate on holiday
4 tubs wilkinson cream(crap but was dirt cheap)
Been told by the mrs time to stop buying stuff for a while..lol

Can I ask where you got the sticks of Arko? I fancy giving it a try but can't find it anywhere to buy!

Cheers

Grant

derby blades
gillette 7 O'clock sharp edge
gillette super slims
Alum block

But like Fido, I am retiring from being a buyer, well at least from being a spontaneous one.

:D Forgot to mention that I got Art of Shaving, Lavendar cream tub. Ordered it a while ago but it showed up a few days back. It is a fine cream, I suppose, but I am still gaga over MdC soap - it just seems so natural whereas with AOS I detect a synthetic-ness about it.

kicked it on a pair of potential old skool spice A/s :D pricey for a cheap scent tho
[attachment=1] [attachment=0] [attachment=2]

and finally got my head round resizing picture uploads !

Hmm... I was doing so well this month too

Edwin Jagger Razor (DE89) and a DR Harris soap/brush set. This was a cracking deal - £50 for a DR Harris soap in a bowl and a Rooney 1/1 best.

Both items are top drawer - the razor is the best available, with a delightful balance and mix of aggression and smoothness.
And the Rooney is a beast - incredibly dense, nice stability and a good mix of softness and scritchiness for exfoliation and face lathering.

All in all, a happy chappie!

1 tube of Body Shop macca root shaving cream (got a sample yesterday and used it today and it's fantastic stuff)

1 packet of Sainsbury's (dorco st-301) blades ( I know I've read the bad reviews but hey I thought give them a go (I can get a decent shave out of a Laser blade) just in case I run out of blades :oops: (yeah like that's going to happen ) and Sainsbury's is local.

Also received my 50 Red IP's from connaught (very speedy service).

Jeltz said:
Awaiting an order from Connaught.
- Alum
- Blade sampler pack
- Tube or Mr Taylor's Shaving cream

Well my package arrived at the office yesterday, thanks Paul, but I was out and so picked it up today :)

Can't wait until this evening :D My 1st try of a "premium" cream, my 1st try of alum and new blades to choose from :D

Back
Top Bottom