Acquisitions 20 Feb. - 27 Feb

I quite enjoy this as a standing topic in other forums. It makes me feel better when I see others spending more (monetary and frequency) on shaving than I.

I know I will never, ever compete with Fido on his brush acquisitions - in fact if anything my turnover of shave gear is quite considerable.

Anyways, for starters I today have purchased a new bowl of Tabac and some Cella from a fellow TSR member, but my main purchase has been this "new" razor. Its been cleaned and replated by Dave which is something I like - I prefer my old stuff looking clean!
[attachment=1]
Yesterday, took delivery of 250 Red Personna blades from Paul. And perhaps one of my better purchases, my Semogue 830 Shaving Brush arrived this morning from Portugal.
[attachment=0]

Attachments

• new_2201_detail.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 231
  • Smg_sb_830_MED.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 226
Fido said:
I've now retired as a buyer. Time now to really enjoy what I have!
Enjoy your razor.
Well I am enjoying your brush blog.... me I decided just recently to concentrate on good quality boars. My 830 looks like it will be my daily user.

VERY interested to hear how the 830 performs

i nearly got one when it first came out but resisted adding it to my original order :roll:

not sure how a denser boar will perform?

Ordered a Merkur 12C from Connaught shaving on Friday.

For the uninitiated, it's the long-handled, HD open comb. I think I may have to be very careful with it.

Ian

A Mergress which was absolutely mint for our own guyhaton
Some Arko shave sticks
A NOS Gillette Tech
Simpsons Astor
Rooney 1/2 in silvertip
Another custom brush in progress
A tub of DR Harris Rose hopefully next week and will probably add something to the order.

That is till next bonus time....maybe.

I went wild in Tesco and picked up 2, yes 2!, Palmolive sticks with a grand plan involving the grater and an empty ramekin.

I also received some Proraso from zigzag, cheers!, only used it once but it's lovely so far, seems much nicer than the Ingram cream, more subtle on the menthol.

Another bottle of the Harris aftershaving milk. I now have 250ml in stock apart from my current 100ml bathroom bottle.

A question: Has anyone ever tried putting the pump dispenser of the round 100ml bottles on the square 100ml or 150ml bottles? Does that work? I could try it myself right now, but I suspect this will be a little messy.

Some boots sandalwood balm whilst on offer
3 tubs of body shop shaving cream whilst on offer
6 sticks of Arko
5 tubes of various arko kindly purchased by a mate on holiday
4 tubs wilkinson cream(crap but was dirt cheap)
Been told by the mrs time to stop buying stuff for a while..lol

Picked up a Gold plated Shavex in nice condition.

shavex.jpg

Back
Top Bottom