Acquisitions, 1st June to 30th June 2015

French L'Essor Royal Rapide SE Razor....:icon_rolleyes:
bv_zpsttjo4hlb.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The L'Essor Royal Rapide arrived in the post today...... I just couldn't resist pressing the button on this one...I am developing a Fetish for these Old French SEs.....They have a certain Flair about them.......These were also made under different brand names, such as "Perfecta" etc......Its a serious Panzer Tank Job no bones about it.......You can just about see the blade gap in the photograph...Just about drive a bus under it...These things are built to stand the test of time....She's in mint condition and sitting cradling a Modern GEM Blade and good to Go !......:icon_razz:

Fergiebilly said:
French L'Essor Royal Rapide SE Razor....:icon_rolleyes:
bv_zpsttjo4hlb.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The L'Essor Royal Rapide arrived in the post today...... I just couldn't resist pressing the button on this one.......I am developing a Fetish for these Old French SEs.....They have a certain Flair about them.......These were also made under different brand names, such as "Perfecta" etc......Its a serious Panzer Tank Job no bones about it.......You can just about see the blade gap in the photograph......Just about drive a bus under it.......These things are built to stand the test of time.....She's in mint condition, cradling a Modern GEM Blade and good to Go !......:icon_razz:

That thing looks beautiful.
I know what you mean about the French SE/hoe razors..I love their design and quality-build (well, some of them). I can't wait to get my wedges back freshly buffed and honed to shave with mine the way they were intended to....and to use the strop handle :)

What a fun hobby this is.

Yeah, thanks, she's beautiful isn't she....I saw the two French SEs that you are waiting on coming in the post, Mr Louis and Company.....Great catch....I was watching them and I had a feeling it was yourself that had Mooched them.....Great hobby right enough....:icon_mrgreen: Let us hear how you get on with the wedge Blades.....I'm excited for you......:icon_razz:

Billy

Fergiebilly said:
Let us hear how you get on with the wedge Blades.....I'm excited for you......:icon_razz:

Will do. Will be a couple of weeks more or so I think as they are on the back-burner at the honemeister's :) I told him it was a no-rush order and take his time.

Yes, injector blade in the Leslie, Billy. Shaved well ... no, really ... it shaved well! I was nervous given the blade gap and exposure, but no drama so long as a light touch and a careful hand is used. It's NOT one for a quick zip around.

Anyway, acquisitions?

Keen Kutter Junior
Ever Ready 500BN Badgerlon ... ready for re-knotting with 19mm PurTech

90dfyd.jpg

Fergiebilly said:
pjgh said:
My Postman brought me this little oddity today ...

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Vintage Mongoose?

What you do is twist the bottom and the handle rotates 45 degrees, the mouth drops open and you can load a blade in ... proprietary, naturally, but injector blades fit and shave pretty well from a quick go this evening ...

IMG_0818.JPG

... the presentation looks scary and the gap ludicrous, but it does actually shave pretty smoothly so long as you go with the contour of the top cap. The blade can be brought right up to the guard and clamped shut, tight ... but it seems to work better further back from the guard.

Oh, it's a 'Leslie' by the way.

That's a lovely razor Paul.....Is that an injector blade you are using in that :huh:

Billly
+1

I think that's the first one of your razors I actually like the look of.

Swish! A Trac II head on a pretty chopstick :D

Original Wilko blades, too. I'm enjoying one myself at the moment on a vintage Aramis gift set Trac II.

I also popped a new knot into my recently acquired Ever Ready 500BN ... badger/nylon, or 'Badgerlon'. Nasty combination, best rid of the badger and in with a proper synthetic knot, a PurTech 19x65. I wanted a really tall brush and this worked out well - pictured next to a Kent Infinity, for comparison and dwarfed by the "kitten":

154x5kg.jpg

p.b said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
[align=center]HARRYWALLY custom two band finest Barber style.

That's a funky brush - nice one. What size is the knot and how long is that handle?

Jeez Jamie, that's quite the charming variation on a well liked theme. Hah, i hope the Good Doctor sees that brush, although it needs more purple for him.

Nice addition to the arsenal,

Martin

p.b said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
[align=center]HARRYWALLY custom two band finest Barber style.

That's a funky brush - nice one. What size is the knot and how long is that handle?

The knot is a two band finest TGN 24mm with a 48mm loft the handle is 100mm, I'm actually thinking of replacing the knot with a Semogue Boar knot I think it would be great with the knot from the OC brush.

Back
Top Bottom