Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

One of my favourite fragrance houses.

114, 1969 and 1740 are top notch.

1740 is what I wear for 'best'.
I love 1740. I treated myself to some before Xmas.

The 114 was supposed to be in the set I ordered but was replaced with one of the others. The one I wanted to try most.

All well made, well thought out scents in my opinion. Jury still out as to whether another full bottle from their range will end up in my collection.

Ah - Treet Dura Sharp. I'm having a bit of a thing with those at the moment - really liking them. A carbon blade; not everyone's cup of tea.

After working my through most of what is currently being manufactured in Russia (and a couple of other places too), I thought it was time to try something slightly different. Planning to give these a go over the weekend when I'm not pushed for time.

Got my #47 Popular but there's a drawback. The initial picture on Ebay didn't show it and the description only made mention of a bit of stiffness when opening and shutting requiring some TLC. But it looks like it's been dropped at some point and there's a bend on one of the corner teeth and baseplate. You can see the gap it leaves in the left hand corner....significantly more than a little TLC required I'd argue.

View attachment 16188

It's pretty good overall and I suppose it's quite easy not to notice if you're not someone who uses or sells old razors. I'd be partial to keeping it if the sellers willing to knock a bit off the price paid otherwise I may return it. Time will tell....

That's frustrating - I've had a few deals like that, but I've found in the long run that the punts that do come off cover the ones that just miss. Keep going, there's still plenty of gems out there :)

Arrived Same Post.
1 Schick Injector 11- From Japan
2 PAL Injectomatic- From USA. Note still had dummy cardboard blade.

Think I have to use a Chinese Schick for best results, rather than a Personna.

IMG_0098.jpg

shavecraft 5 piece set, slant head and 30 feathers from Paul at Connaught, ordered late on monday arrived just now. all i have to do is decide which head configuration to use tonight!

That's frustrating - I've had a few deals like that, but I've found in the long run that the punts that do come off cover the ones that just miss. Keep going, there's still plenty of gems out there :)

I got in the touch with the seller and he agreed to knock a few quid off the price so I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out. I've not actually used it yet but upon loading a blade it didn't look as though it affected alignment and even if it does I can always just use the other side:)

On a happier note....
1st up is was a bit of a punt and I've ended up with a no-name razor in an imitation Gillette basket weave case which is nice outside but a bit of a horror show inside. Nice heavy handle though - I may switch the rather flimsy feeling head for something a little chunkier....
acq1.jpg

Next up - Red Ring Eclipse:D
acq2.jpg

Yep - the case is somewhat broken but it's a nice clean break that fits back together perfectly so it shouldn't be too difficult to glue. The razor looked a bit worse for wear in the Ebay pics but it's much nicer to the eye. There's a small hairline crack where the neck meets the tube handle and the plating on the handle is very worn but otherwise it's very good. Looking forward to polishing it up a bit.

Hone Type 15:
24064077170_ff96d4676f_c.jpg

Arrived Same Post.

View attachment 16195

@Fergiebilly can confirm the details, but I have it at the back of my mind that there are some injectors that don't like the twin injector blades being pushed into them ... and I think the PAL Is one of them. Billy?

Good catch, nevertheless!

@Fergiebilly can confirm the details, but I have it at the back of my mind that there are some injectors that don't like the twin injector blades being pushed into them ... and I think the PAL Is one of them. Billy?

Good catch, nevertheless!
That's spot on Paul...Twins are not suitable for any PAL Injector...That is written down in black & white by the American Safety Razor Company on their Personna Twin Blade packages... ;)

Billy

Arrived Same Post.

View attachment 16195
Skull & Cross bones...NO NO...I have posted plenty on this one...Twin blades are NOT suitable for any PAL Injector...The heads are too tight and that concurs with American Safety Razor instructions for Personna Twin blades that I have...o_O

Billy

Skull & Cross bones...NO NO...I have posted plenty on this one...Twin blades are NOT suitable for any PAL Injector...The heads are too tight and that concurs with American Safety Razor instructions for Personna Twin blades that I have...o_O

Billy
Cheers Billy.
It is a coincidence that these arrived on the same day. I got the Twins for use in L1 & Adjustable. I already have got some Personna & Chicks to use in suitable razors. I have been taking on board the information you post from time to time, about the vagaries of the different Injector razors.

What blades for 1. Personna Super Stainless . 2. PAL Adjustable , which are other way from over the pond.
Keep up the good work
Mike

Back
Top Bottom