Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

My Juergen Hemple Titanium handle arrived today. I know German labour rates are high; I know titanium is expensive; I know machining titanium takes a while and I know I'm difficult to please but I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed for €90.

The handle had not been cleaned and once I'd used some soap and a tooth brush to get the dirty out of the knurling and the thread it was looking far more '€90' special but it's 14mm dia not the 15mm stated and I did think it'd be polished rather than finely machined. Maybe the 1mm in diameter won't make much of a difference once I've used it but we'll see tomorrow and I could always polish it myself.

6ns807.jpg

1924 and Arko stick courtesy of Gordy; Merkur 39C from ajc347 – thanks, gents. With one or two wet shaves per week, I now have enough new razors to keep me busy for a few months now. The 39C* has been on my want-list for yonks so really looking forward to trying that and the 1924 ofc gets good reviews from those in the know, too. Exciting Times as the corporate emails used to say :)

Last edited:
Just got my first SE razor! It was part of job lot of shaving related stuff I picked up on ebay. It was mostly junk, but there were some interesting items.

Anyway here it is:
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

It's an Ever Ready, but being completely unfamiliar with SE razors I dont know what model it is or even it if it's working. I wont be using it for a while as I have a shedload of DE blades to try out first.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
2 weeks. Ordered 2 Jan, Dispatched 4 Jan. The postie must have carried it on foot.
Mine was dispatched on the 4th too - possibly coming via carrier pigeon then ! Tracking info from the German side says it was handed over to the international post in Frankfurt on the 5th.... Oh well, patience they say, is a virtue.

Nannys silly soaps Moroccan sands and English rose. Most impressed with the smell of the rose, very realistic. Not sweet and you can smell the greenery in it. Love the Moroccan as well , can't stop sniffing it :)
You'll be able to join us on next week's SAW (soap of the week) thread starting tomorrow. This time it's for Nanny's Silly Soap. I'd be interested in your impressions of Moroccan Sands. Is it the Signature range?

Last edited:
Because I love the Barrister & Mann bay rum so much I managed to bag a couple of low used other flavours Nocturne and Lavanille. That me sorted on soaps..

except for the one I still must try the MWF

Another PAL Injecto-matic , but it is one made in GB!
1. water stained case,but no scratches or such
.IMG_0108.jpg
2. With Blade Injector/ used blade case.
IMG_0107.jpg
3 Inside Handle ridged
IMG_0105.jpg
4 Ouside Handle like a Schick.
IMG_0111.jpg

Just got my first SE razor! It was part of job lot of shaving related stuff I picked up on ebay. It was mostly junk, but there were some interesting items.

Anyway here it is:
View attachment 16249 View attachment 16250 View attachment 16251

It's an Ever Ready, but being completely unfamiliar with SE razors I dont know what model it is or even it if it's working. I wont be using it for a while as I have a shedload of DE blades to try out first.

Very nice. Having just stepped into the SE rabbit hole myself, I think I'm right in saying your razor is a 1912 patented design (It will say around the hole where the handle screws into the head. I believe the thumb catch on top was part of the 1912 patent and distinguishes it from the later 1914 and 1924 designs). A lovely razor and a cracking shaver, too - I used one for the first time a few days ago and paired with a GEM SE blade, I had my closest shave to date.

20160117_103938-1.jpg Wandering around John Lewis yesterday and found this Kent shaving soap. Have always had an interest in trying 'the fat' and since Kent is purportedly the same as Mitchells, thought sod it why not! Test lathered this morning with my plissoft and wasn't too difficult I thought.

Received my first vintage, full-sized butterscotch brush. It actually looked better in person. No cracks or anything in the handle and the knot is very dense and soft. I think this one can be ready to be used after just a good cleaning.

Now I'm just a bit curious about who made it but I'm guessing it's a Vulfix brush. We'll see.

2eapkro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom