Acquisitions 1st April - 30th April

Stocking up ...

kdo381.jpg

I love the smell of Pashana in the morning ... Smells like ... victory? < Answers on a postcard to the usual address
I like Pashana, unfortunately the other half really doesn't...

I'm looking into a new bowl but the design feature on the Aesop I don't like is no handle. I understand the way you hold the bowl but it's not for me. It's meant to be good for lather but I've used very similar and I wasn't impressed. I've broken a couple of ceramics in the past year but I hoping the addition of a shelf just below the mirror will help with that. I haven't seen the perfect bowl yet so the search continues.

Not wanting to pee on your chips Frankie - and I'm sure it will look lovely - but I'm struggling to see where the design award comes into play. It's a bowl shaped bowl.
No offense taken @UKRob - I guess the beauty lies in its simplicity ;)

I'm looking into a new bowl but the design feature on the Aesop I don't like is no handle. I understand the way you hold the bowl but it's not for me. It's meant to be good for lather but I've used very similar and I wasn't impressed. I've broken a couple of ceramics in the past year but I hoping the addition of a shelf just below the mirror will help with that. I haven't seen the perfect bowl yet so the search continues.
@Gordy , I find it fits my (large) hand rather well without needing a handle to keep it anchored, but I've heard of some people drilling a hole near the top of the bowl and adding a small stainless knob of some sort. Of course that would completely ruin the Japanese Good Design Award :D

Hi Gordy;
try looking at Georg Jensen Barbry Snack Bowl, looks special-but pricey.

image.jpeg
I'm hoping that my Gillette Rocket addiction is now cured. Although I wouldn't mind another Flare Tip...

A big thank you to the BST subforum for the Rockets and the leather case.

image.jpeg
Some bedtime reading. :D

Last edited:
Picked up a bottle of Montheme Leather. Tried it a few months back and really liked it. Been trying not to buy it but gave in tonight when picking up some birthday bits for 'er indoors. Can't go wrong at £22.

I just got this combination of iKon DLC pieces, a top cap, an open comb base plate, and an OSS base plate. I plan to use the cap and OC plate in my rotation for comparison to the Feather heads I've been using, since I don't believe I have tried my vintage Light Brigade blades with an open comb razor. I'll probably just put the OSS plate up for sale.
tKLpUsy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom