Acquisitions 18th - 25th April

Today I received a Merkur HD 34c that I bought from member jl. and another British Ever Ready in a lovely little Bakelite case. I'm getting rather fond of the Ever Ready SEs!

Tomorrow I should be getting one of Sharon's limited edition Yushu soaps.

My Anthony Logistics Razor Burn Repair turned up today, just for the bad times you know.

And, 5 Swedish G's turned up (thanks IanM) and also to my surprise I had a visit from rangers62 today at my work and he gave me a block of "Hero Shaving Alum" which he had found cheap. Very thoughtful indeed.

Happy days.

My new Finest 2 band brush in burl came from Neo today:

4510457402_af44f08fc01.jpg

Even after just a couple of practise lathers with a couple of soaps and creams tonight it has started to bloom out. More pics to follow after a couple of weeks.....

(This one is Neo's pic of it).

AJP said:
My new Finest 2 band brush in burl came from Neo today:

4510457402_af44f08fc01.jpg

Even after just a couple of practise lathers with a couple of soaps and creams tonight it has started to bloom out. More pics to follow after a couple of weeks.....

(This one is Neo's pic of it).

lovely.

andyjreid said:
hunnymonster said:
Did he stand in front of you, flex his knees and say "'ello, 'ello, 'ello, what's all this then?" :D

Nope but we did look funny standing in the middle of a music shop swapping blocks of alum ;)

What a world! What has it come to when 2 grown men cannot swap suspicious looking crystal substances in full view of the public.

When I bought them, a whole 59p each, the young Asian guy was mystified what they were / for. The older guy then rattled something off in what I suspect was Urdu. He then mimed rubbing the alum on his face and armpits. I was struggling a bit to keep my composure at the look on the young guys face. The look said " You shave then rub a bit of scabby looking french chalk on your fizzer and on your pits? F%$k right off!" :lol:

Andy enjoy.

This is a weird pastime :oops:

Ok got some more bits coming or got.

1000 grit diamond bench stone
Naniwa 5000 grit superstone
Balsa wood
fixcut gold .5 micron crayon

Back
Top Bottom