Acquisitions 17th - 23rd May incl.

Tuesday

One C&E Vanilla Amber & Woods soap from Amazon.co.uk. Very good service as usual.

Acq_Tue18May.jpg

Some more goodies that arrived today.

SC samples / Musgo AS / Doctor Plus alum / Bolzano superinox and Gillette Blue extra blades / Proraso Sensitive SC

AN allegro antique blade sharpener, like this one, but in even better condition:

Note that this picture actually shows the underside of the machine, showing that the seller has no clue...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-19 at 15.59.14.png
    360 bytes · Views: 241
In the last week - two Ever Ready SE razors. A 1912 Head with an aluminium, ribbed handle and an undated Natural Angle.

IMAG0113.jpg

called over yesterday to see Dave of safetyrazors.co.uk Boldon Tyne-Wear to pick up my new chrome futur...man is he nice bloke to talk to and deal with

anyways tried it with some free perma sharp blades he gave me

the get bit me 3 times...not like my tame de89l...but i will conquer the beast....just needs taming...i have had 4 and almost gave them away...but not thissun :lol:

Three bottles of Thayers WH (various scents) from the UK. Had to try the stuff. No more packages with grooming goodies expected.

Was given a Gillette Slim Twist the owner of which passed away last year, also given an unopened packet of Gillette Classic blades and looked in eagerness to see if they are English or German...........German ahh well I like them anyway.

Just cleaning it up it at the moment as it was thick with soap scum and old bristles.

Received a three piece package today from Plisson

01.jpg

I had been pondering over this for some time and one day two weeks ago I decided to order this. I spoke to Plisson and asked them to match the horn handled razor and horn HMW size 12 as best they could. I also ordered a tub of Joris soap as few extra euros was not going to kill me and cost no extra to ship. Having had a chance to have a good look at the razor and brush this evening they have done a really good job of matching the set.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Test lather with Joris soap and Plisson brush, it is far softer tipped than I imagined but still has a good stiffness It will stand on it's bristles no problem, binding the end of the knot it is super dense. in test the Joris soap produced a really nice lather but will see how it performs in real life before declaring a verdict.

I have a Polsilver blade loaded in the Razor the soap is in a nice wooden bowl and the Plisson HMW are all ready for tomorrows shave...this better be good....

Back
Top Bottom