Above The Tie

I was just on the above website & they seem to be thriving.
I was let to believe a good few months ago the company went in to receivership
I guess i’m wrong or i was dreaming.
Anyone hear anything?
There was talk of them getting their razors made in China rather than the USA but I'm not sure if that went ahead, maybe that's why they are thriving!!!

Paul.

They’ve made a new windsor called the
Windsor Pro and the website states it’s not made in the states but mentions nothing of where it’s made.
like you Lads say it’s a crying shame there getting made in china and probably with inferior, cheaper materials

They’ve made a new windsor called the
Windsor Pro and the website states it’s not made in the states but mentions nothing of where it’s made.
like you Lads say it’s a crying shame there getting made in china and probably with inferior, cheaper materials
Even if their razors were made to a standard that was acceptable and they may well be, it still has been done to save costs at the cost of the US workers and on top of that none of the savings that ATT have made through outsourcing are being passed on to the end buyer! I have a couple of US made ATT razors but I will not be buying any more!

Paul.

Even if their razors were made to a standard that was acceptable and they may well be, it still has been done to save costs at the cost of the US workers and on top of that none of the savings that ATT have made through outsourcing are being passed on to the end buyer! I have a couple of US made ATT razors but I will not be buying any more!

Paul.
And when the fakes/copies start coming through they will moan like fuck. I say it serves any company right for moving production to China to save a few bucks.

Paul.
What’s your actual thoughts on the razors you have ?
I really fancy the windsor polished chrome & copper, i reckon with shipping & import duty i’ll be just over the £200 mark which is just about the going rate for say a feather, rex or timeless.
However i just wonder if the razor itself is worth the money

I really fancy the windsor polished chrome & copper, i reckon with shipping & import duty i’ll be just over the £200 mark which is just about the going rate for say a feather, rex or timeless.
I have two copper Windsor razors, CR and CM made in USA both very good indeed.

Paul.

Last edited:
I had an S1, it was a good razor and well finished. But I wouldn't entertain buying a Chinese manufactured one for £200, there are far better options for that money

Back
Top Bottom