About to venture into the unknown world

There are 600+ members here, so you'll probably get about 1200 answers on the blades...

As for the soap/sensitive skin... why do you think you have sensitive skin? Because irritation from a can of foam and a 3/4/5/6 blade razor is no guide to skin sensitivity... more a commentary on the contents of the can of foam and lack of hydration it gives the whiskers to make them cuttable without pressing on hard with the razor...

Hi Gary, welcome to TSR! :D HM is right, I reckon if you take advice given on this site about decent prep for the skin and producing a good lather you should be absolutely fine.

Hello Gary, and welcome. I'm surprised that Mikael didn't say as much, but the best blade for sensitive skin is one of these, although maybe not this particular one:

Attachments

• Old razor 1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 127
I agree..a straight is good help with sensitive skin as I have this and very coarse hair as well ;-)..although if you find the right "razor and blade" combo the results can be similar

Blades

Hi Gary

Even I'm not usually up quite this early. But it's Ashes time.

Welcome to the forum. I have used sharper blades, but the most comfortable for me is Red Personna. Sample packs are available that enable you to make your own assessment.
As for creams, PM me your address and I'll send a couple of samples. There are lots of soaps for less than a fiver to try. No end of suggestions on other threads.

Have fun finding what suits you.

Another wicket. Must go!

Hi & very welcome Gary. Different folks have differing ideas as to a suitable soap for sensitive skin. A veteran of many years of skin clinics I thrive on glycerine based soaps such as Scent from Heaven & Mama Bear. I also recently tried a sampler og the Coates Cream revived by Traditional Shaving Co & have been really impressed by it. I believe in general that part of the secret to avoiding flare up with a sensitive skin is to really pay attention to the preparation , consider the use of a pre shave such as Trumper's Skin Food & don't rush the lathering up. I've also got to mention artisan soaps such as our very own wee Soapy Alchemiste 's "Nanny's " goat milk soaps.

Enjoy trying stuff out.

JohnnyO. :cool: /

Hiya!

Welcome to the room :D You got yourself quite some piece of engineering there! The Futur is quite a beast, wouldn't really call it a "beginners" model, but let us know how you get on with it!

What blades are you using? (if he says feathers set at 6, I'm giving up!) :D :D

Max

Back
Top Bottom