❌ Executive Shaving Stops Selling Badger Brushes ❌

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very hard sometimes to get to the truth in these debates, but if that's what Brian feels then fair enough. In any case, there are some fantastic synthetic brushes around these days.
A quick search on the internet for the search term ‘badger killing for shaving brushes' will reveal various horrific videos showing the appalling way these animals are bred and killed. Also these days the new generation synthetic fibres outperform badger in every single way and they're far cheaper too!

Everyone must remember the footage of the clubbing of baby seal cubs filmed apparently filmed by Greenpeace only to be discovered some years later that it was Greepeace who were on the beach doing the clubbing themselves whilst being filmed by other Greanpeace members, it just goes to show you can't believe everything you see or read.
PETA are well known for this kind of stunt for their own political ends.
Don't take everything on face value. P.
You may have a point there but a quick search on the internet for the search term ‘badger killing for shaving brushes' will reveal various horrific videos showing the appalling way these animals are bred and killed.

Of course you need to treat animals humanely. However this UK organisation mentioned, is extreme and not everything they say should be believed. They tried to stop a retailer not to sell woollen closes as shearing wool caused distress to sheep. Someone also lectured a blind person about his dog, saying it should be freed and left to run around the countryside.
The material issued by them needs to be treated warily.

I notice so many badgers been hit by motorists and there is also a culling of badgers in parts of the U.K. that I can't understand why they don't use the hair off these badgers.

Nobody want to see animal cruelty but I agree the organisation involved is extreme, would they prefer to see sheep dying of heat exhaustion due to not having their fleeces sheared in late spring/summer?

I have to admit that after my recent Razorock Barber 24 Plissoft I can't see me going back to badger again.

Think you should edit your title that executive shaving stops selling badger brushes as from what i read in the blog post you havent stopped selling them at all as your waiting till friday to put them on sale which happens to be black friday, why not start offering them for sale at a discount now..

The filaments in synthetic brushes are problematic for the environment. As I understand horse hair brushes are the only type that are both environmentally friendly and don't involve the death of an animal.

Everyone must remember the footage of the clubbing of baby seal cubs filmed apparently filmed by Greenpeace only to be discovered some years later that it was Greepeace who were on the beach doing the clubbing themselves whilst being filmed by other Greanpeace members, it just goes to show you can't believe everything you see or read.

Interesting, had no idea, I would like to read more about this!

Last edited:
A friend and avid hunter recently called and suggested we try and make a couple of shaving brushes as he had just scored a badger (Tikka T3). I promised if he makes knots I will make handles.

Actually synthetics and plastics are what we should be avoiding. Damage to the environment will make life miserable and eventually kill us all, including the badgers, pigs, and horses. Never believe anything from any activist group that is promoting an agenda. If a bunch of do-gooders put an end to boar brushes I'm gonna be rightfully pissed.
What a load of bollocks. Synthetic brush contains less plastic than the garbage bags you go through in a week, while a single brush lasts for years and years. End of story.
Oh, some more bad news first. Those badger/boar brushes of yours? Guess what - they mostly have solid plastic handles.

Interesting, had no idea, I would like to read more about this!
image.png
Not the report I was looking for but it gives you an idea of the dirty low down things they get up to to try and make their point! Greenpeace, PETA, ALF, all the same, can't be trusted to give you the true facts. P.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom