A New Forest prototype

My New Forest Finest Silvertip has been delayed to enable my manufacturer to test a new method of printing the logo to ensure durability. Meanwhile down in the Forest I'm working on ideas for locally hand made brushes. Here's a prototype made with onyx with a Finest Silvertip knot. The handle height is 60 mm, knot 22mm with a 48 mm loft. It's not for sale - I'm giving it a run out tomorrow. The handle is very comfortable to hold.

NF221P.jpg

I'm multi tasking as usual.

Man City 1 Chelsea 0

i think that look like a lovely brush, im well impressed with my 2201 thanx fido. My mom an dad got me a bk4, after i got my 2201 to replace my bk8 , and that little 2201 lathers 20x better than my bk4.

anyways i will be watching for ya new brush fido.

colin

It looks very nice, I like the shape of the handle and think it would work well in a number of materials. Not so keen on Onyx myself it doesn't photograph well and the green background may not be helping me see the real colour of the onyx. The Specs of the knot/loft are around what I would choose but you can only try and see if it needs adjustment in any way.

Interesting and fun to watch, thanks for the update.

Peter possibly you could have two versions made.

One with an ordinary lathe turned, resin handle called "The Plebiscite".

The other featuring the green onyx handle but encrusted with precious jewels festooned with gold and crowned with a diamond and saphire tiara.

Ooooohhhhh Yeah ! - Now were talkin' !!! :D

Mebbe you could have some more made to complete the full chess set? :lol:

I'm sure it's a great brush, but it's a little decadent for my taste.

Lipsy

I like the shape of the handle, but I'm not a huge fan of the material. It makes it look less like a tool, and more like an ornament.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Ian

Oh know far to much money what we need to do if we want ivory i ask our own dell boy to pick up a set of victorian pool balls and have them turned to handles Hell he could proberly get more than we all need for 10 bob.

Lipsy said:
Mebbe you could have some more made to complete the full chess set? :lol:

I'm sure it's a great brush, but it's a little decadent for my taste.

Lipsy

LOL !!!! - Great !

How does one suggest it's a bit gaudy and tasteless without saying so ?

Ahhh !, I've got it......

Peter, perhaps it's a trifle Italian Rococo!

There ! - I think that went down rather well !

Back
Top Bottom