38C vs 34C - is longer better, and other double entendres.

You must have a Modern Slant, so that said you must try the 39C Slant Hammer.. Its a beast of a razor.

As for how many Razors you must own..? silly question.

All of them.

Just had my first shave with my new 38C (if ONLY the wife was so endowed). My gosh, what a dobber of a razor! It weighs a ton! I thought it was heavier than my Futur, but it's actually 10g lighter. Must be a balance thing.

So, it's got the same great head as the 34C, but the extra weight combined with the longer handle makes the "don't press on" mantra even more important. I got a few nicks tonight, that's for sure. But tomorrow there'll be another round of Man v Razor.

Hi CDave,

Resisting the temptation to encourage someone else to succumb to the razor aquiring urge which sometimes inflicts me can I suggest that if you were tempted to a slant I recently (past 12 weeks or so) moved on to a Muhle 89 from my ever faithful long handled Merkur slant. The Muhle has an ideal length of handle for me; shaves almost as closely as the slant when I am really trying for a satin smooth finish but is way more forgiving and relaxed. I just thought I'd throw that thought in2 the pot to increase any confuddlement you may now be feeling.

Happy Daze.

JohnnyO

JohnnyO said:
Hi CDave,

Resisting the temptation to encourage someone else to succumb to the razor aquiring urge which sometimes inflicts me can I suggest that if you were tempted to a slant I recently (past 12 weeks or so) moved on to a Muhle 89 from my ever faithful long handled Merkur slant. The Muhle has an ideal length of handle for me; shaves almost as closely as the slant when I am really trying for a satin smooth finish but is way more forgiving and relaxed. I just thought I'd throw that thought in2 the pot to increase any confuddlement you may now be feeling.

Happy Daze.

JohnnyO
Tempting a man in that way is just evilness...

cheese_dave said:
Just had my first shave with my new 38C (if ONLY the wife was so endowed).

Incidentally I'm not so sure a 38C is that well endowed in the chesticle department... isn't 38 the chest measurement "not around the shirt potatoes" and the C a measure of the size of the aforementioned shirt potatoes?

34C would thus look larger because the potatoes would be larger in proportion to the body they're attached to and 34G would be jubtastic.

Yep...proportionately 38 C is pretty average. If she dropped a dress size, the cup being mainly flab would reduce in size too.

I'm not saying whether 38C is big or not, it's just bigger than SWMBO :eek:

You're right though, HM... measure around the shirt potatoes, then measure under the shirt potatoes, the difference gives you the cup size.

Lol - vaguely back on topic..... :lol:

I'm following this thread with interest, I'm pretty much decided that my first 'new' DE will be either a 34 or 38C, I'm truly torn between the length of the 38, and the compactness of the 34. Either way, I'm waiting on delivery of a 1967 Superspeed which I'm gonna cut my teeth on. Or maybe my face :shock:

Back
Top Bottom