1960s Fatboy prices?

A Slim will be the next goal after the Fat Boy.
I have never seen one in person, am I right to think the Slim is very similar to the Super Adjustable (which I do have) in deign and weight?
And is the Fat Boy, as the name suggests the bigger, heavier brother?

you might do, but cased means nothing. look for a mechanically intact example foremost, unless its just for display. try ebay USA ,more to aim at but quality varies hugely. 30-40 quid will get you a razor with either mechanical or cosmetic issues, look at 50-70 for a presentable and fully functional item. add 10 and up for a case.
in my experience they are overrated, the slim adjustable is a much better razor, as is the super adjustable. as always YMMV.
the slim is closer in design to the super than it is to the fatboy.

I prefer the Slim to the Fatboy. As mentioned, a Slim has a slightly less rounded head profile, so it's easier to stay on the correct angle during the shave & also easier to shave problem areas like N-S under the nose.
Also I found comparable setting on my Slims to be ever so slightly less aggressive than the same settings on my Fatboy.

Dax said:
A Slim will be the next goal after the Fat Boy.
I have never seen one in person, am I right to think the Slim is very similar to the Super Adjustable (which I do have) in deign and weight?
And is the Fat Boy, as the name suggests the bigger, heavier brother?

Hi there,

The Slim head is similar to both Super Adjustable size handle versions, with the Slim length being about the same as the shorter version. Personally, I prefer using the Shorty over a Slim......same shave but feels better in my hand.

The Fatboy has a different head design which affects the shave. Also not the same is the handle length, diameter, and knurling, plus different razor weight and balance (FB is about 10g more), You will need to try a Slim and Fatboy to see what your druthers are.

Martin

Oh, since Gillette adjustables are mentioned, one important thing ro remember is there can be shave variances, even in the same models set on the same number. To really get a feel for em, trying a bunch is the best way. For whatever the reason, I have found the rare adjustable that just does not quite fit me on any setting. Then sometimes I find one that's perfect. Main thing is I know what to look for by now.

Back
Top Bottom