100 Astra Platinum blades - 8 quid on Amazon

I bought these. Apparently, a "dead give-away" for blades manufactured in the St. Petersburg factory are the four large splodges of glue which are placed somewhat worryingly close to the blade edge. These blades have those.

Of the 6 or 7 types of blades I have tried so far, these are (for me) the best.

Spoke or wrote too soon. Blades came in Saturday's Post. One sleeve of 20 packages of 5. They look real. Mine say "Vyrobce: made by zao Petersburg .... St Petersburg 196140 Russia ..."

Northam Saint said:
Johnus said:
Bestshave.net has them for 8$US free shipping with 40$. And they still have the 2$ horse hairs! (plus Derby's)

But is ordering enough for free shipping worth the risk of being over the limit for customs and charged by customs and the Royal Mail ?

That was my first thought too. I don't object to the import VAT. It's the Royal Mail flat fee of £8 that stings most.

Hax said:
Northam Saint said:
Johnus said:
Bestshave.net has them for 8$US free shipping with 40$. And they still have the 2$ horse hairs! (plus Derby's)

But is ordering enough for free shipping worth the risk of being over the limit for customs and charged by customs and the Royal Mail ?

That was my first thought too. I don't object to the import VAT. It's the Royal Mail flat fee of £8 that stings most.

Agree with you on that £8 fee. Just looking though their shipping is reasonable anyway.

That still one of the things that we here don't have to worry about, Yet.
VAT; there's talk of it but with the elections coming up they're all worried about saying the "T" word!
I'll eventually come here too!

NotTheStig said:
You have varying levels of state taxes instead though?
we have both State and local sales tax. adds up to about 8% depending on the local gov'ts rate. as i live in New York State if we buy on the internet from a a NYS based company or person we have to pay State Tax. if i buy from a company like Best shaves i pay no tax and so far there hasn"t been a duty on anything that I've purchased.
there's been talk of a Federal Sales Tax but with politics the way they are now, i don't think we'll see it until after 2012.

Back
Top Bottom