SOTD: Saturday 25 May - Friday 31 May 2024.

SOTD: 25th May 2024.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Shaving Soap. (Sample)
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Adjustable Razor Week.

(Face & Head Shave)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

It's been a while since I last added the Wickham soap to my rotation. What is astoundingly good about some shaving soaps that I've sampled is the shaving value you get from them. The Wickham 1912 classic 24 soap is absolutely brilliant considering the small amount I used, it provided me with a wonderful protective lather for the shave, and a superb post shave feeling to my face, with a pleasant scent throughout the shave leaving a excellent post shave feel.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt240525.jpg

- Barrister & Mann 42
- Yaqi "Mysterious Space" Silvertip
- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket with Feather blade
- Tabac Gravity aftershave

Don't Panic! :cool: (y)

25 May

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Simpson Chubby 2
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm
Chanel Allure Homme

FFC9929E-E1DC-4DB5-9C1F-B098C609B918.jpeg
A superb Saturday shave. The Cashmere and Chubby produced masses of super lather, and the Vector performed a very close but comfortable shave in two passes. These are a few of my favourite things and they work so well together. Lovely stuff.

SOTD: 25/05/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 11th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice weekend!

Sat 25th May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Needed a Shave this morning , but was not looking forward to it as my skin was very dry. However, after a pre wash with Aleppo soap and a super lather from the Ach Brito soap , the Shave was quite pleasant with a decent finish too.

IMG_2024-05-25-105844.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Gillette Tech - cerakoted (copper)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Brush: Highlander LE 2023
S Soap: MacDuffs Soap - Morning Ritual

Another tasty shave with this coffee flavoured shaving soap.
Wishing you all a lovely extended weekened.
For the ones of you who have to work hope it's an easy shift.
SOTD.jpg

25/5/24

Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Highlander LE
Razor - Star Embassy
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (4)
AS - Proraso Green

An unexpected @pjgh friendly shave, I know he likes this particular Supermax blade and the Star Embassy razor.

I've been using this particular Supermax for the last few days and I found it largely unremarkable but in the Star Embassy it was genuinely fantastic, one of the better shaves I've had for a while. The all solid brass Star Embassy looks like a Tech but it performs a little differently in the shave, I think with pins more like the one of an Old Type than a Tech it seems to clamp the blade a bit differently, the exposure of the blade looks to be in that of Tech territory. I'm not sure to the exact specifics but it performs well in the shave, better with the Supermax than with the Nacet I used last time.

Have a good weekend chaps.

1000015311.jpg

Saturday 25th May

AP1GczPsXhsqnzjuKdcql9uVdq-9FtzmcrMk56WfM_X8g9-onhHGFLiwaBniHUbYxTv8rgPZEiqiJEkaoSpER43Eu8EjlnzsMfiK944J-52tsCrYDL5_q-vk0mKFSFZVraYqOzaffXZv-OP9DHFmq6VddntW-w=w800

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Shaving Soap & Vulfix Coronet Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Permasharp Super (3)
Ach Brito Lavande Eau de Cologne

Super shave, that!

Much thanks to @McShaver who very generously sent me a little puck of the legacy Valobra formulation C&S soap. I did have the No.88 back in the day but never tried the Oxford & Cambridge. It's ruddy lovely! It took a lot of getting started lathering quite hard on the back of the puck and got a seriously good loading which pulled up a phenomal lather. Legendary stuff indeed!

Back
Top Bottom