SOTD: Saturday 4 May - Friday 10 May 2024.

SOTD: 4th May 2024.

49.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl
Lather: La Barbiera Sweet Orange Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Mandarin Cologne./Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

La Barbiera Shaving Soap Week.

(Face & Head Shave)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

Maiden shave with the vegan La Barbiera Shaving Soap one of four soaps that I've had for a while but haven't got round to trying them out due to me reaching for my regular favourites. I'll be trying out the four soaps through out the week. I've started with the Sweet Orange, all of four shaving soaps have a pleasant scent which are slightly synthetic but, not overpowering to the point where it's offensive.

what I find impressive is the soap created an protective lather in a short space of time and doesn't dissipate on application the shea butter leaves a good post shave feel. The fragrance isn't the most important The three things that I like to test for in a shaving soap/cream are slickness protection, & post shave feel all three are essential especially for head/dome shaving.

The La Barbiera Shaving Soap gave all three this morning. What more can I ask for. I look forward to trying out the other three soaps throughout the week.

Another close comfortable combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday May the Forth
Star Wars Day
Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless #4 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018318-01.jpg

SOTD: 04/05/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Shulton Old Spice Stick
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice weekend!

Haven't used this variation of the Culmak shave soap, a generous sample of which was was kindly donated by pjgh. Very good lather and a mild herbal smell.

Haven't really given the Piccolo a fair run yet. It had a few uses but underwhelmed; I think the handle was a little too short (and yes I am aware of the translation of Piccolo!). I liked the ability to select from two base plates and went for the closed comb today.
With a Kleen Shave blade I got a decent but not amazing result and a little soreness despite a good day-and-a-half since my last shave. A bit of practice with the razor and other blades will no doubt help.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade: Kleen Shave Premium Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Culmak 1980s
Aftershave: Arianna & Evans Spartacus

SOTD 04-May
1000026541-01.jpeg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning, the Wald is very soft but still has a pleasant backbone when you push it, it's a step above the DG knot I have. But if you like a bit of exfoliation I don't think this is for you.

I'm still not back in the swing of routine SOTD posts, think I just fell into the comfort of the shaving routine for it's own pleasure. No bad thing, I'm not rotating my gear in the same way a toddler changes it's mind anymore and it does mean I'm actually starting to see the teeniest tiniest dent in the mountain of software that sits before me!

Hope everyone is getting on well and has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Sat 4th May
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Ach Brito Mogno soap
Schick “O” Clone
Schick S/S Twin - Japan ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Sore areas around the Chin , so was a rather slow Shave and the overall finish not as good as usual with this Razor/Blade combo.

IMG_0999.jpeg

Last edited:
Saturday 4 May
Today my first shave with the Aylsworth Kopperkant + plate. I decided to get the + plate version as I’ve got enough mild razors. I added a Personna USA blade just to test how aggressive or not this plate is. The Ach Brito Mogno soap has become a favourite and so far in my judgement no other soap I own has produced as much creamy slick lather as quickly as this, and we have hard water hereabouts… The vintage brush isn’t the best I have but didn’t need to be with so much lather on hand.
Result was almost bbs in one pass, however I re lathered for an atg pass which in hindsight was really unnecessary and in future I might use something milder for atg and pick ups. This razor isn’t something I’d use every day, but then I don’t use the same razor every day. To do so would be tantamount probably to an act of masochism :eek:
The Personna USA blade is probably the best I’ve ever used, certainly none better.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0590.jpeg

Last edited:
Saturday 4th May

Soap • Stirling Haverford
Brush • APShaveCo 24mm Synbad
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 68-P
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post • Stirling Haverford Splash

A couple of shaves in with this newly acquired .68 Game Changer base plate.
It's the polar opposite of the .84 Jaws plate, really quite mild. Perhsps a sharper blade may realise it's potential?
It gives a good shave, but regrowth is a bit faster than with say, my Timeless 0.68.
The .84 SB plate from memory was a fair bit more efficient, and not at all aggressive.
I like the slim profile of the head, making it easy to get to those pesky whiskers under the nostrils.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend everyone

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Gillette sharp edge
Brush - ES medium synthetic
Lather - Trumpers Spanish Leather

Really making friends with the Gillette blade. It works in all three of my razors. I’m still getting used to the EJ89… I find it does need a steeper angle (IMO). Worked very well but did require the tiniest dob of Proraso superglue on a cut.

My Simpson brush is better than the ES, but I use the ES a lot… it’s just so damned cute.

Hearty endorsement of the scent of the Spanish Leather from Mrs Wiffwaff. So, all-in-all a very positive experience for a Saturday shave.

Have a great bank joliday weekend, everyone.

IMG_0136.jpeg

04/05/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor - Tatara Masamune / IKON Bulldog
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 19 (1).jpg
I like the Bulldog / Tatara pairing, it seems to suit my technique better than the longer original handle.
A great scented lather from the A&E soap, 3 passes for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom