SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

SOTD: 27th April 2024.

41.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap Bar.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Davidoff Cool Water ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend.

Another flawless combined face and head shave with the Ming Shi 2000s /Dorco Prime Platinum duo.

The Ach Brito Mogno never fails to provide a wonderful slick protective lather with a great scent with & beyond the shave. The post shave from the soap is superb making my mature rhino skin type feel moisturised & hydrated.

The classic Davidoff Cool Water ASL is always a joy to use. It has to be one of my all time favourite fragrance which I've liked since the 90's when I first purchased some. IMHO it's the best Davidoff Cool Water fragrance.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt240427.jpg

- Musgo Real Classic
- Semogue Torga C5 Onyx
- Tatara Muramasa with Sputnik blade
- 444 aftershave balm

:D

Last edited:
2024-04-27-10-03-26-186~3.jpg
haven't gotten on with astra SPs in the past but decided to give one another try today in this aluminium base ball end tech and it worked really well. it felt sharp enough this time and not scratchy or tuggy. maybe my technique has improved too.

fifth shave with this razor and it's definitely different to the later techs but enjoying it so far. it doesn't automatically centre the blade perfectly like the ones with more pronounced little corner tabs but not the biggest deal to make sure the blade is in perfectly straight. I think I might like the 70s aluminium one better and might end up moving this one on but will continue to give it a chance first.

27 April

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Simpson Duke 3
Edwin Jagger DE89 with ATT Calypso handle
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm
Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet edt

9B46DE94-D6E0-42B4-AF94-8EF6809E499C.jpeg
Quite an UK themed shave this morning.
The very nice Above The Tie handle gets a try out on a DE89 head and it looks good, as a combination. The lightness of the aluminium handle pushes the centre of gravity up towards the head and gives the razor a different feel to the stock razor. Does this help improve the shave? Not noticeably, but it was still a pretty damn good shave, nonetheless.
Is the new formula Mitchell’s Wool Fat as good as the old tallow one? From memory, no, not as creamy. I do remember, though, that the original Fat used to take a couple of shaves to get going, so we’ll see.

20240427_160647.jpg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Shave Factory Boar.
Soap Stirling Glacial Spearmint.
Razors Leaf & @Reggie’s Razors Mars.
Blade Silver Star (1l
Balm Proraso Green.
Aftershave Stirling Glacial Black Ice.

I went for a full on chill factor today, the Stirling again was just okay not a big a hit of Menthol as I was expecting given all the reviews.
I am putting it down to only starting the tub and fingers crossed it just gets stronger as I get rid of the top layer, atm it's not even close to the hit that the Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint gives.
The Mars razor I really like and has never given me a bad shave, I matched it with the new Silver Star blade that has had many good reports and Shave 1 was excellent, lets see if I can get 3 nice shaves.
A quick head buff with the Argan oil and I look all shiny and new, the oil has done wonders for my Psoriasis on my head, it's gotten rid of all the red rash marks and dead skin I thoroughly recommend it.

The Shave Factory brush is definitely a Boar as it stunk unlike my new wild hog one but today the stench was pleasing to my nose as it proved I didn't get one of the new crappy fake ones.
Have a great evening everyone.

Ps many thanks for all the lovely Birthday wishes yesterday, it really made my day.

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

Artisinal April?

Saturday 27th April

AP1GczMqeGAhxIgs-414_-cliYAe0GpfCxPnlZV7Dks9GoButAitQzQvFFIydlZsjh1681XOYLDcKknU1EpAS0yQ09R-k8DS18MypGgLWc_aFp8STm3LjpN7pLVehsWxczEBWlgDNVayiJ-c5KhlslZLniJBgw=w800

Dalit Sandalwood Shaving Soap & Proraso Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Zorrik Super Stainless (2)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Back to an artisinal soap for the weekend ... and it's the rather poor but well-intentioned Dalit shaving soap which has a very rustic scent to it. Yes, some sandalwood (oil) but also there's neem oil in there which I think brings its own character to the party. Alas, no it's not very good but I have a black belt in lathering and can make something of pretty much anything. My actual razor and blade are both superb, so really all I need is something to make that glide.

Ahhhhh ... DR Harris aftershaves are simply divine!

Last edited:
gDgNAmw.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Musgo Real Classic Pre-shave Oil
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream: Musgo Real Classic
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Classic Aftershave Balm
Scent: Musgo Real Classic EdC

I was expecting the blade to be fading but it's still doing a sterling job.
The vintage Erasmic is very good. A relaxing shave with no irritation.

It only occurred to me today that Denim smells a lot like Aramis.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Erasmic vintage shave stick
Aftershave: Denim 1970s aftershave
IMG_20240418_203812~2.jpg
It may be a Palmolive stick in the photo but I definitely used an Erasmic stick in the shave!

Back
Top Bottom