SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

Thought I'd break out this old Kent (Mitchell's Wool Fat) shave soap. It's something I should use more. No issues lathering this dried out soap with a splash of water on the soap, a couple on the brush and thirty seconds of enthusiasm.
No idea of the batch number as this was bought over ten years ago and I didn't keep the box.

The Kleen Shave blade is good but I may have pushed it a little far in my quest for super close even against the grain.

No aftershave or balm today. The soap does a great job on my face and so do cold water splashes.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Kleen Shave Premium Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64746e537561cd6e4045ca34

Monday 29 May

The Rockwell 6S plate 5 today, plus RK blade 3x. Williams soap (set in cheap wooden bowl) and no name Rubberset bristle clone completed the ensemble and a fine 2 pass shave ensued. I seem much blessed with comfortable and smooth shaves these days, hallelujah, must be down to the improvement in the weather and hence my disposition.
Have an enjoyable day fellas!

IMG_7882.jpeg

All,

Its been a while since last posting on this part of the forum, a variety of reasons but nothing untoward. I had a bit of a ropey shave with my Rex Ambassador, managed to gouge out a bit of my chin when it dragged across a spot. So had to pause shaving for a bit due to that. As always i suspect it was down to operator error. I did get back on the horse and get some great shaves from her, so more than happy with that. But as ever, i like to alternate my gear, so returned to the Blackland Blackbird (probably because of the posts about the return of the Brassbird and the future Blackland Adjustable).

Pre, shower and Bart's Balm
Soap, Stirling Orange Chill
Brush, Zenith
Razor, Blackland Blackbird
Blade, Permasharp
Post, Razorock AS / Stirling Satsuma (I'm never sure which to apply first, but on this occasion AS first then balm, cracking)
Music, Scouting for Girls / Kelly Jones (formerly of The Stereophonics)

My standard 3 pass shave, as i've mentioned previously, I like to enjoy my shaves and am in no rush. I find it very therapeutic, notwithstanding the rare occasion i take a gouge out of my face. Absolutely zero issues, including over the recently affected area which still has a small mark to it. It was incredibly smooth and efficient / aggressive (but it didn't feel aggressive in any way shape or form).

An exceptionally good shave and return to an old favourite.

Best regards to all,

Ben

29/05/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Vétyver
Razor - Merkur 1904 (42C)
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 22 (3).JPG
The 42C really is a crackin' little razor, i am really enjoying it.
Stay safe and enjoy your bank holiday all.

29 May

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
PAA Green Ray
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

CFFD7078-68CE-4450-A2E2-F005A68D4803.jpeg
I don’t think I’ve used this combination of brush and cream before. I created a mountain of luxurious lather enough for three shaves by overloading the brush. My shave, however, was complete in two smooth and comfortable passes. This blade is still working well.

SOTD 20230529 ABC by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Liojuny Shaving Tampa, Finest Badger 3-band, 23x54x114mm, 71g
  • Soap: A&B Cosmetics Ribera Sapone 150ml
  • Razor: PP1914 (Franken Razor)
    Ever Ready 1924 Shovel Head / Brass Adapter / Maggard Razors MR14 Aluminium Handle
  • Blade: GEM by Personna, SE Stainless Steel, PTFE Coated #3
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
YiPKbyA.jpg

Full size: 1200x900px
Soundtrack: The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

Back
Top Bottom