Things are starting to get a little crazy...

I thought the knock-on effects of the Corona crisis as described in the press were probably exaggerated. Not now that I've visited my local Sainsbury's here in north London. Absolute chaos. Massive queues. Never seen so many people stockpiling. Arguing, swearing. Empty shelves. And everything I've heard about toilet rolls turns out to be true.
I can't understand the reasoning behind this panic buying, it's ridiculous and a little selfish.
What do they think is going to happen! :) Paul.

Those who can afford to buy six months of food and loo rolls will be ok, those who can't will starve.......something wrong there! :) P.
Totally. This sums up what is wrong with this country nowadays. Some people's attitude is, I'm ok now, screw everyone else.
With that said, I'm off to burn off some my excess loo roll. My bathroom's full of shaving stuff and I've nowhere to put it all.

Even worse, the experts tell us that washing your hands regularly may help curb the spread of the virus. Greedy halfwits stockpiling sanitizers and bacterial soap, leaving others without. In effect helping the spread of this monster. Checked local Morrisons supermarket, fully sold out

Even finding it online is difficult. Superdrug and Boots dont have any stock on the hand sanitiser gel. They have antibacterial soaps back in stock.
My local Sainsburys has no soaps (liquid or bar) at all.
I also work in two primary / infant schools and I kind of feel its only a matter of time for me

Even finding it online is difficult. Superdrug and Boots dont have any stock on the hand sanitiser gel. They have antibacterial soaps back in stock.
My local Sainsburys has no soaps (liquid or bar) at all.
I also work in two primary / infant schools and I kind of feel its only a matter of time for me
Hope everything ok for you and those around

There is no need for all this sanitizer nonsense. It is convenient, but it is not more efficient than washing your hands with regular soap( no need for antibacterial soap). The soap liquifies the lipid outer shell of the virus and the virus, rather the part that “transmits” the disease to healthy cells gets denatured with the soap and becomes inactive. So wash hands regularly, stay out of crowds. Stay at least 2 metres away from people that are not your family and when you are out and about, don't spend more than 15 minutes talking to anyone to minimise exposure and you should be relatively safe. We all will be exposed to it eventually. The question is how our body will cope with it?! By doing all the self isolation and bacterial soap and the likes, we are just delaying the inevitable...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom