SOTD : Saturday 6th April - Friday 12th April

SOTD 20190406.

qIg8M4q.jpg

Vintage brush / Maggard synth.
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" shaving cream.
Seygus "Zeppelin" V2 (0.5/0.7) / Stork "Taipan" handle.
Shark Super Stainless (8).
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" Post-Shave Gel.

SOTD : 6th April 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face. & head.

Pears ~Transparent Lemon Flower Soap.

Brush: Yaqi ~ Sagrada Familia.

Face Lather.

Soap : Haslinger ~ Schafmilch Sheep Milk soap.

Blade: Super-Max~ Dollar Platinum.(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings) 3. wtg, 4. xtg , 5. atg + Pickups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

Aloe vera Gel.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After my Weekly 'No Guard' buzz cut with my Wahl hair clippers it's time for my monthly head shave.

Maiden Shave with the Super-max Dollar Platinum blades,and the Haslinger ~ Schafmilch Sheep Milk soap,which my sister kindly bought me while shopping in our local TKMAXX store last weekend, of which i'm ever so grateful for. I count myself extremely fortunate to have such good siblings.

The verdict of the soap..? Absolutely magnificent,with only a slight clean pleasant fragrance, like a vast majority of shaving soap scents disappeared once i rinsed my face & head with cold water.. It reminds me of MWF, Kent, + Scottish Fine Classic soap, which all contain lanolin what i instantly liked about it was, it lathered up in no time without the addition of blooming it in warm water, creating a wonderful luxurious slick protective lather and equally a superb post shave feeling to my face.My skin type really likes shaving soaps with lanolin added to them.A truely incredible shaving soap, a instant fave.

The Super-max ~ Dollar Platinum blade is another blade i've had for a considerable amount of time,but it's only now that i've got round to trying it out.The verdict?...A suprisingly smooth efficient blade, i wasn't sure if it would pair up with the Ming Shi 2000s even on it's lowest setting 'IMHO' it's still a extremely efficient razor, which requires 100% concentration,respect and equal shaving confidence when shaving 'especially head shaving',with this chinese made princess if not, like any other DE razor aggressive or non-aggressive ,she will bite.

A great maiden shave from the blade & soap which both performed wonderfully and gained AAA+ marks..A excellent face & head shave to start the weekend.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs Face & Head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & head are feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 6th April

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Stirling Mountain Man Soap
Frank Shaving STF Synthetic Brush
Star 1912 pattern on a Copper Handle with a GEM SS Blade
Alum and Rinse with Simple Facial Toner
Heno de Pravia Moisturiser
Al-Rehab Silver EDP

A fantastic shave today. The copper handle by Andy ( @les24preludes ) gave the razor both nice heft and balance.
3 passes for another 'Face Feeling Finish'.

My wife is away on a 'girlie' weekend with some former climbing club friends.....so it is beer and burgers for me for a couple of days. Hope you all enjoy your weekend as much as I am going to!

Sat 6th April

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Vitos Super Red
Gem Micromatic- brass
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Having had poor Shave yesterday I had to make amends, the perfect solution was to use the Micromatic coupled with the dependable Vitos. Once mastered the Micromatic with a good lather Shaves very smoothly and efficiently , and without any problems I got a most satisfyingly close finish. This Razor had to be a must for any SE user , never mind S/S razors these are built like Tanks and should last
a lifetime or two.

Saturday 6th April

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Stirling Mountain Man Soap
Frank Shaving STF Synthetic Brush
Star 1912 pattern on a Copper Handle with a GEM SS Blade
Alum and Rinse with Simple Facial Toner
Heno de Pravia Moisturiser
Al-Rehab Silver EDP

A fantastic shave today. The copper handle by Andy ( @les24preludes ) gave the razor both nice heft and balance.
3 passes for another 'Face Feeling Finish'.

My wife is away on a 'girlie' weekend with some former climbing club friends.....so it is beer and burgers for me for a couple of days. Hope you all enjoy your weekend as much as I am going to!
Love the handle so much I have put an order into @les24preludes to enhance my experience with the 1912's I have bought/ordered.

Date: 06 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Cuero Oscuro Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #7
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

SOTD: 060419

Soap: Stirling MITA
Razor: Wade & Butcher 13/16
Brush: Omega 011829
EDT: Flannel

It is the best feeling in the world to me when you pick up a razor and know within seconds that its a keeper. Despite it claiming to be a full hollow ground the weight is similar to that of a full wedge and as a result it literally glides through whiskers with the minimum of efforts.

Out of my humble collection of boar brushes this one is top of the tree for me. Now fully broken in it offers substantial backbone with great flow through and lovely soft tips while still retaining the slightest of scritches.

Having "Man Flu" I decided upon a the MITA. A lovely slick and protective lather that never fails.

Good Luck to everyone who is having a punt on the Grand National and have a fantastic weekend.

Todays Lovely Shave

I have been trying to determine any difference between the Karve E Open Comb Plate I have and the E Plate Solid Bar (I Really Like the D Plate Solid Bar) , they are very similar but I prefer the feel of the OC I think.

Preshave : Vitos Menthol
Soap: OSP Menthol and Grapefruit
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Razor: Karve with E Plate Solid Bar
Post: Barts Balms Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Lotion and Balm

Have a Lovely Weekend All.

Sat 6/4/19
Welcome to the cheap seats! (y)

Pre: Pears transparent original soap
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap: Palmolive/Macca root superlather
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Razor: Parker 91R heavyweight
Post shave: cold water splash, Alum block, homemade Witch Hazel lavender/grapefruit/lime/patchouli astringent,
Balm: E45
Aftershave: Floid SE Mentolado Vigoroso A/S

This week I am shaving with 3 Parker razors, today's tool is the 91R heavyweight, it did feel nice in hand and similar weight to the other heavies I have used. The blade did not seem too exposed, although it worked well.

The superlather was another success - too much again. 4 x soap chips and a pea sized piece of cream, glycerine drops of 8 and boom!
This was left over after a 2 pass shave WTG & XTG/ATG mix, Shame really, it was a lovely lather.

The shave went well and overall cost was minimum.
Was the razor as nice to use as my more expensive models - No, it just was not as smooth. Different blade could improve it.
Was it worth the money - YES. I still have BBS skin.
All in all, a great starting razor. Quite mild and could improve with a better blade.
Next up is the Parker 22R butterfly.

Have a great weekend all

Last edited:
6 April

P&B Borealis
Semogue 610 boar
Ikon B1 OSS
Feather Hi-stainless
Proraso white asb

Fabulous shave today. The Ikon seemed to get as close, if not closer, than the MÜHLE R41 yesterday. I must see how I get on with the R89 tomorrow. I still cannot place the scent of the Borealis soap, but I think that is the point, there is a lot of scent in there, it is, most importantly, a wonderful soap.

Back
Top Bottom