SOTD : Saturday 28th September - Friday 4th October 2019.

SOTD : 29th September 2019.

j.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 48 Pro.

Face Lather.

Soap : OSP ~ Neroli

Blade: SuperMax ~ Blue Diamond Titanium.(1)

Razor: Parker Variant ~ (Settings) 2. wtg, 2.5 xtg, 3. atg+pick ups .

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel ASL.

Tesco ~ Extracts Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel EDT Spray.

Greetings,

A neroli fragranced themed shave to start the weekend.The osp neroli soap i bought blind, going off the other osp soaps i've tried and the wonderful grapefruit & menthol cream performance, i'm so glad i did, equally superb to the others it provided me with a super protective lather throughout the shave leaving a excellent post shave feel.

The fragrance of the soap i describe, to my nose..which isn't the best, for describing a scent, is citrus, Bitter orange ,fresh floral,ideal for all the seasons of the year. I've mentioned before in my postings the scent of a shaving soap or cream isn't a great issue for me, the slickness glide, protection & post shave feel are,the OSP soaps and creams i've shaved with have all performed brilliantly.. Besides, once i've done my final cold water face rinse i find most of the lingering fragrance from a shaving soap or cream has virtually gone. However, with the OSP neroli soap, it has a lingering presence for sometime after.

I'm carrying on using blades, that i've infrequently used in my shaving den. The Supermax blue diamond titanium coated indian made DE blade which i haven't used for a while,I have used both the titanium and platinum coated a few times and have always had good results. Both blades are suprisingly smooth and efficient if i had to choose which is the better blade, i would say the Platinium is slightly more smoother,but only by a whisker.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a off with a few liberal squirts of Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel EDT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt190928lejg0.jpg

- L'Occitane Cade
- Maseto prototype with 26mm 2-Band
- Feather AS-D2 with Feather blade
- Ombia Classic aftershave

:D

Date:- 28 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Honeycomb (Blue) Synth. Tuxedo 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Monte Carlo
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

28/09/19

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Soap: Signature Soaps Coria
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: CK Eternity
Scent: CK Eternity

IMG_20190928_083453.jpg

3 days growth to take down. No problem with the 37C and PSI combo. An easy BBS finish today. Seems this combination of gear was made for each other.

The Signature Soaps Coria provided a great lather and provided more than enough slick goodness for 3.5 passes. @BrianH has made a belter here!!

28/09/19

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Soap: Signature Soaps Coria
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: CK Eternity
Scent: CK Eternity

View attachment 47817

3 days growth to take down. No problem with the 37C and PSI combo. An easy BBS finish today. Seems this combination of gear was made for each other.

The Signature Soaps Coria provided a great lather and provided more than enough slick goodness for 3.5 passes. @BrianH has made a belter here!!
Thanks for the feedback it really appreciated
Regards Brian

28/09/18
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak 1950
Soap: Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor: Vintage Pal Injector (GB)
Blade: Vintage PAL Injector
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Vintage Tabac
A/S: Old Spice Original / Barts Balm Lavender lotion.

Pal,Cul,Imp (1).JPG

A Damn Fine Shave Plus today using mostly Vintage gear.
I do like using this Vintage Culmak which was unused/NOS when i bought it, loads of backbone but soft on the face when soaked. The NOS Vintage Cussons cream worked really well mixed up in the cheap replacement copper bowl i received yesterday, i used about an almond size dollop into the warmed bowl and it created enough for 3 passes, still slick, lightly scented and not to bad for its age.
The GB Pal Injector (NOS) fitted with a Vintage PAL Blade (NOS) worked quite well, although, while not really tugging i was getting Audio from the Razor/Blade. I have heard they can take a couple of shaves to settle down (I hope so as i have 3 x 10 blade holders of them).
The shave itself was enjoyable, good but not BBS, i needed 3 full passes to achieve my expected result, my chin edge feeling a bit "sandpaperish".
I decided not to buff the area or push the shave as i was expecting some indication from the Alum Block - Nothing at all?
A splash of my homemade Bay Rum Astringent, a good dollop of Vintage Tabac Balm, a good splash of Old spice and a little rub of Barts Balm Lavender AS Lotion to finish off.
Well that has set me up for the day.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to Date this GB PAL razor??

Have a great day All.

Last edited:
Pre Shave : shower with Signature Soaps lemon verbena type essential oil soap / Executive Shaving pre-shave oil
Razor: Rolls Razor 'Viscount'
Brush: Executive Shaving synthetic
Shaving Soap: Signature Soaps Capra goats milk hybrid shaving soap
Post Shave: Cold Water Splash / Trumpers coral skin food / Rose of Bulgaria aftershave

Really good shave, three passes with the Rolls using Brian's goats milk soap gave a lovely smooth finish

2019-09-28 12.29.37.jpg

LxNzZo5.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Great to be back home and have a proper shave!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

Last edited:
SOTD 20190928.
AB4bgIZ.jpg

Luna Cosmetics "Nº1" pre shave oil.
Vintage brush / Maggard synth.
Luna Cosmetics “Hierbabuena Mango Lima Mentolado” shaving soap (sample).
iKon 103 "Short Comb" / custom handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (2).
Cien Men ASB.

It is Saturday 28 of September, by the way .... :ROFLMAO:
Well spotted!..:oops:..I've corrected my mistake.(y)

Back
Top Bottom