Acquisitions, 1st June to 30th June 2015

Schick Dial Adjustable Injector Razor from eBay.

My first Injector-type razor opens up a new voyage of discovery (and expense) for me. Looks like new, nice weight to it too.

a3814db4-2b43-478c-a8aa-352fda3b00d0_zpsirkeuxsv.jpg

10 x KAI Stainless Steel Double Edge
1 x Meissner-Tremonia Shaving Paste SAMPLE 10 ml (Dark Limes)
1 x Meissner-Tremonia Shaving Paste SAMPLE 10 ml (Exotic Elemi)
1 x Meissner-Tremonia Shaving Paste SAMPLE 10 ml (Mint Ice Menthol)
1 x Meissner-Tremonia Shaving Paste SAMPLE 10 ml (Moroccan Rhassoul)
1 x Meissner-Tremonia Shaving Paste SAMPLE 10 ml (Pots of Milk)
1 x Meissner-Tremonia Shaving Paste SAMPLE 10 ml (Strong ‘N' Scottish)

Thanks Connaught Shaving.

Occams Razor said:
Don't have a Schick injector yet but i would like one in the future if the blades are readily available. I'll check them out at connoughts. Thanks Mike.
Deffo worth trying, the schick adjustable is the best injector I've tried...
Plenty of blades available ;)

globalm said:
Take a look at the First Shave With Injector thread in SE forum. Lots about razors and blades. I love the adjustable but it can bite on high settings.

Thanks for the info I'll check it out Paul. ☺

rowlers said:
Occams Razor said:
Don't have a Schick injector yet but i would like one in the future if the blades are readily available. I'll check them out at connoughts. Thanks Mike.
Deffo worth trying, the schick adjustable is the best injector I've tried...
Plenty of blades available ;)

That's good to know too. Thought they might have been difficult to get hold of. Time to start looking for a nice schick methinks!

I've acquired some sweet almond and castor oil with which to experiment blending preshave oils :) Will be acquiring some essential oils and bottles over the next few days and commence the blends.

Worst comes to the worst, I'll have some massage oils for the missus :D

My Postman brought me this little oddity today ...

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Vintage Mongoose?

What you do is twist the bottom and the handle rotates 45 degrees, the mouth drops open and you can load a blade in ... proprietary, naturally, but injector blades fit and shave pretty well from a quick go this evening ...

IMG_0818.JPG

... the presentation looks scary and the gap ludicrous, but it does actually shave pretty smoothly so long as you go with the contour of the top cap. The blade can be brought right up to the guard and clamped shut, tight ... but it seems to work better further back from the guard.

Oh, it's a 'Leslie' by the way.

fancontroller said:
Occams Razor said:
Nice!! Are the injector blades easy to get Mike?

I'm going to try blades from Connaught's first. Then there are some available on Amazon and NOS etc.
If it is from the seller from Spain who seems to have a warehouse full of them, then the blades that come with it are perfectly fine. Lovely actually.

Andreas

Cheers! Yeah, it's really nice ... at a push, it can take half DE blades, but the blade chatter is not pleasant! Slightly thicker in blade and it's a nice, smooth setup. I've pushed the adjustment screws all the way forward and the blade presentation is quite civilised now.

Full shave with it tomorrow (well, later today, now) ...

fancontroller said:
Schick Dial Adjustable Injector Razor from eBay.

My first Injector-type razor opens up a new voyage of discovery (and expense) for me. Looks like new, nice weight to it too.

Nice snag,

Man, that thing looks great. Can't tell you about those blades but they're worth a shot for sure. If they aren't as smooth as you'd like there's a bunch of other blades to sample. The #4-5 setting would be a good starting point. It's not like using a DE and getting the angle and pressure right will take some tweaking. Probably won't happen in just a few shaves.

Congrats on the arsenal addition,

Martin

pjgh said:
My Postman brought me this little oddity today ...

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Vintage Mongoose?

What you do is twist the bottom and the handle rotates 45 degrees, the mouth drops open and you can load a blade in ... proprietary, naturally, but injector blades fit and shave pretty well from a quick go this evening ...

IMG_0818.JPG

... the presentation looks scary and the gap ludicrous, but it does actually shave pretty smoothly so long as you go with the contour of the top cap. The blade can be brought right up to the guard and clamped shut, tight ... but it seems to work better further back from the guard.

Oh, it's a 'Leslie' by the way.

That's a lovely razor Paul.....Is that an injector blade you are using in that :huh:

Billly

Back
Top Bottom