Zero etiquette; get me out of here

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperChrome said:
This isn't my quote and I apologise in advance if it seems ignorant and out of line, or if anybody feels offended, but this sums things up pretty well: "arguing on the Internet is like running in the special Olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded"

I am struggling to understand why you thought posting such an astoundingly imbecilic quote could possibly contribute anything positive to this thread.

I completely agree that the Internet is full of forums where rudeness and personal attacks abound, in fact, for my other hobby interests, I have stopped contributing to them all its just too infuriating. It's also true that if face to face things would be very different. I'd chin some of the bastards I've had run ins with on forums.
That said, this forum is very different. It's polite to a fault almost. A bit of mickey taking is certain to occur but we are all grown ups surely?

This isn't my quote and I apologise in advance if it seems ignorant and out of line, or if anybody feels offended, but this sums things up pretty well: "arguing on the Internet is like running in the special Olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded"
[/quote]

Apology not accepted. An idiotic thing to put!

Guys it was all a storm in a tea cup with a few expletives thrown in. Nothing too serious and I have been involved in far worse elsewhere.

I normally don't mind discussing threads in this manner, but due to some of the posts being made in this thread I think we should all just forget about it and move on before a more serious spat arises, and before Admin lock/delete it?

I was just about to join in to give this thread its second wind.

Argumentative? Petulant? Brave behind a keyboard? Aggressive? Boring? Ill mannered?

Guilty as charged m'lud.

Francorelli said:
SuperChrome said:

I am struggling to understand why you thought posting such an astoundingly imbecilic quote could possibly contribute anything positive to this thread.

Any good black, gay or Jewish light hearted stuff to get you back into the fold? It's easy to be mis-heard but much harder to be mis-read - I don't believe you meant to be an idiot, but you were; careful what you write.

2633242-1680428_lock_this_thread_super.jpg

This thread has got to be a joke? I actually feel sorry for you single, you must be a delicate little wallflower if you find this place offensive. So a thread got out of line, big deal, it happens in real life sometimes too. It doesn't give you the right to judge a whole forum and the people within it. I suppose you missed all the polite, kind, friendly, and generous actions of the members here? Have a look around and you'll see the above nice qualities in just about every thread. I've been here for about a month now, and I've been party to two acts of generosity already for which I am greatful. You on the other hand strike me as the sort of person that wouldn't appreciate it anyway- glass half empty kind of guy eh?

single said:
I don't post often as I feel I don't have much to contribute by and large. I also get put off by some of the less than edifying posts I sometimes see. Having read the Mandy post and some of the comments there I felt moved to post for once as I am pretty appalled by the conduct of some people here. Whether people have too much time on their hands or what I don't know but this latest batch of thinly veiled aggression and petulance is too much. Light hearted remarks by the likes of Daz seem to have been taken totally out of true by some world class arguers and it is just depressing to see.

This is my last post and I am actively request that an administrator or moderator bans me or takes me off the membership list. What a shame my first post in ages is wanting to leave the damn forum.

if I need some news on shaving developments I will be looking elsewhere in future.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom