Zero etiquette; get me out of here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post often as I feel I don't have much to contribute by and large. I also get put off by some of the less than edifying posts I sometimes see. Having read the Mandy post and some of the comments there I felt moved to post for once as I am pretty appalled by the conduct of some people here. Whether people have too much time on their hands or what I don't know but this latest batch of thinly veiled aggression and petulance is too much. Light hearted remarks by the likes of Daz seem to have been taken totally out of true by some world class arguers and it is just depressing to see.

This is my last post and I am actively request that an administrator or moderator bans me or takes me off the membership list **. What a shame my first post in ages is wanting to leave the damn forum.

if I need some news on shaving developments I will be looking elsewhere in future.

Bye.

** Moderator Note, Sorry to see another member want to go, you have been removed as you requested.

Al H said:
Zero sense of humour in my opinion

it's not funny though is it...........quite frankly it's boring....

i do wonder sometimes when i read posts on here if these people talk to others face to face like they do on here.......... there are many members on here than seem to be very brave & aggressive behind a PC Screen.

having a difference of opinion is one thing but the personal attacks, snipes and bad language that creeps in sometimes isn't really necessary......

everyone is entitled to have their own views, but be nice when expressing them, manners cost nothing as i was always told.

Now lets stand back and watch me get knocked for saying this and for deleting posts.........

Sunburyboy93 said:
Al H said:
Zero sense of humour in my opinion

it's not funny though is it...........quite frankly it's boring....

i do wonder sometimes when i read posts on here if these people talk to others face to face like they do on here.......... there are many members on here than seem to be very brave & aggressive behind a PC Screen.

having a difference of opinion is one thing but the personal attacks, snipes and bad language that creeps in sometimes isn't really necessary......

everyone is entitled to have their own views, but be nice when expressing them, manners cost nothing as i was always told.

Now lets stand back and watch me get knocked for saying this and for deleting posts.........

Agree with you, it's easy to be rude and nasty when your not face to face. To be honest I haven't read the thread much and my reaction to things sometimes is to just leave well alone.

Having posted 4 times in 4 years prior to this last one I wonder why the OP bothered.

As you say Al - a lack of humour. Not like us hey - you a Stoke supporter and me a Blue Nose - we have to have a sense of humour.

Single, I am sorry that the thread you mentioned has put you off this place. Please stick around a little while and see that this place is indeed a great forum with loads of of good information and well mannered people. Unfortunately there are times when some of us (in this case, me) overstep the mark and get carried away. Although it is no excuse I can have a rather short temper which sometimes leads to typing before thinking. Carl (Bechet45) is normally a gent as well, we should have continued our discussion via pm instead of on an open forum where it obviously upset and annoyed other members.
If it helps any, I have been on here for a year now and this is the first time I have posted as I did. Now I know you may think so what, but on a forum with such a large membership it is pretty good going that posts like that are very, very rare.
My apologies if you have been offended and put off this forum, as I said above please stick around for a little while and you will see that the vast majority of us are quite pleasant.

daz

UKRob said:
Having posted 4 times in 4 years prior to this last one I wonder why the OP bothered.

As you say Al - a lack of humour. Not like us hey - you a Stoke supporter and me a Blue Nose - we have to have a sense of humour.
as I said on other thread typing in CAPITALS WILL ALWAYS LEAD TO A lower case joke

And why am I conversing with a blue nose I don't know.

Off for a shower

Wow, I must have missed something. This is the politest and best behaved forum I've been on by a by a very long way. Even the banter is respectful! I post on a few shooting and motorbike forums where sadly, amongst many decent types there are a few too many Neanderthal knuckle draggers who get off on being properly abusive and nasty. They make this place seem like a monastery. It must be a very scary world out there for you if you think the "aggression and petulance" on here is too much. bless........

As I've said a few times elsewhere this is a good forum with generally respectful people. There are some non-shaving threads which occasionally have some inflammatory comments; this place is good for a bit of anti-pretentious banter which is rightly encouraged that face to face or over the phone would break the ice with us strangers but perhaps doesn't alwayst translate clearly in this medium. People can also take things in a way that wasn't intended due to general temperament, mood, and what's on their minds at the time (and sometimes things which are intended to be deliberately disrespectful, whether the motive is banter or not, is overlooked for these reasons).
If I've ever casused genuine offence to anyone then I'm genuinely sorry; I do very occasionally post the odd jokey comment and to date no-one has ever made available any criticism of me for doing so as I suspect most such comments go without reply here. Usually in my experience this is the best response unless you want a long, heated thread which gets locked. Some people may delight in that; others be mildly amused. Whatever the motive in most cases they've been easy for me to spot and even easier for me to ignore.
I've only encountered a handful of instances where I've been annoyed by someone in my two and a half years here and only once was it to do with shaving but if it's deliberate usually responding will inflame the situation; whatever I might say in reply, however conciliatory that may be phrased, can have a seemingly minor detail, inference, ambiguity or unaddressed piont seized upon and tortured for the instigator's amusement. Read any newspaper any day for good examples.
Having opened myself up to a bit of potential abuse I shall crawl back under my shell now as I don't want to stoke any controversy.
Sincerely,
NotTheStig (occasional cartridge user).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom