Your Top 3 DE Blades ?

Voskhod is my daily blade and Feather is my weekend blade.
Although I must add that on number three would be Astra, Sputnik, Polsilver and Personna which to me perform equally well.

Greetings
I don't tend to shave DE very often but I like Treet Kala (Black Beauties) carbon best of all and then Treet Durasharp carbon in second place. My third place choice is Personna Israeli Red, whatever their proper name is.

I find carbon blades give a more forgiving and softer/kinder/gentler shave than stainless blades and they are ideally suited to the DE razors that I like and shave with ie the slightly more aggressive models like the Gillette New and Old models, I fully accept they are not as sharp as most stainless blades but they produce (for me) a wonderful shave and are face friendly.

Regards
Dick.

1. Polsilver - sharp and lasts twice as long as other blades

2. Astra SP

3. Gillette Silver Blue/ Voshkod

I really had thought that I would like Feathers as I like the blade to be as sharp as possible but for whatever reason all I got was major irritation. Can't work out if it was technique or may be something to do with a coating. Should probably give them another go at some point as so many people seem to swear by them.

I hadn't tried the blue Astra Superior Stainless blades until I received a complimentary packet with a razor, and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised by them. I felt like a DE break from my Rocnel SE, so I put an Astra in my Seygus razor, with the extra weight installed, and received an excellent smooth shave.
Early days, but I suspect these might get onto my "Tops" list, with Nacets.

Astra Green, Personna Red & Feather are my top three so far but highly commended goes to Dorco, Gillette 7 o'clock black and Gillette Blue all very good. I haven't tried the Nacet yet or Rubie but they are next in line.

Lots of people say Wilkinson Sword is a go to blade for them but I just can't get on with them for some reason ...YMMV I guess....

Currently, my top 3 is:
Voskhod
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra SP

I also like Dorco ST301 and Treet Platinum, which I'd buy again as they're great value, effective and comfortable to use.

• My Top four at the moment are:
  • VoskhodTeflon coated.
  • Polsilver Super Iridium.
  • Gillette Silver blue's.
  • Gillette 7o'Clock SharpEdge.
  • these blades are all equal to one another.no real favourite those russian blades for the price & quality, are hard to beat IMHO..all excellent blades.,i could have added a few more but i'll keep with these at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom