Your top 3 Cologne/Edt's

Gairdner said:
Meanwhile, down by the peasants:

1. Blue Stratos AS (has fairly decent longevity - certainly lasts longer on me than Mr T's)
2. Mr Taylor's Cologne (too expensive even for a Birthday treat)
3. vintage Shulton Old Spice Cologne (thanks to the marvellous Martin!)

Once the Cologne's are done that will be that for me. I'll stick to the Blue Stratos and good old 'Eau de Sweaty Gairdner' mingled in.

Aaah Graeme, no peasants in sight. Number 4 for me is the Sex Pistols EdC that I think you highlighted as a great buy from the Fragrance Counter/Perfume Shop whatever is it. Grand price of £4.99 and a damn fine whiff.

Upset to see no mention of the Troynoy....

Jon

I'll go for at the moment too.

If it was winter then Yatagan would be there, but as summer is approaching:

1 - Caron L'Anarchiste or Le Troisiemme Homme (can't split them)
2 - Penhaligons Castile
3 - Jean Paul Gaultier le male

jds said:
Aaah Graeme, no peasants in sight. Number 4 for me is the Sex Pistols EdC that I think you highlighted as a great buy from the Fragrance Counter/Perfume Shop whatever is it. Grand price of £4.99 and a damn fine whiff.

Jon

Sex Pistols?

Has mine Komrad ze Troynoy been drinking have? Da, da, I think it so is!

It's not bad, though. ;)

I remember buying an AS right back at the start of my DE career in August. It was James Bronnley Original (blue label) but I didn't like it at all so tried to sell it. No takers. Bizarrely, I now find it is one of my favourite scents however the buggers have discontinued it! Can't find the AS anywhere nor the EdT so Blue Stratos must remain in pole otherwise this may well have usurped it.

Don't really have much in the way of Colognes and EdT's but..

Clubman Citrus Musk
Lidl X-Bolt
Tommy Hilfiger

Which are in there more because they are the ones I have rather than anything else! I tend to find my day to day scents hark back to my hippy youth in the form of Black or Red Musk Attar oils.

Gairdner said:
jds said:

Jon

Sex Pistols?

Has mine Komrad ze Troynoy been drinking have? Da, da, I think it so is!

It's not bad, though. ;)

I remember buying an AS right back at the start of my DE career in August. It was James Bronnley Original (blue label) but I didn't like it at all so tried to sell it. No takers. Bizarrely, I now find it is one of my favourite scents however the buggers have discontinued it! Can't find the AS anywhere nor the EdT so Blue Stratos must remain in pole otherwise this may well have usurped it.

Forgive me I've just checked the post and it was Northam Saint who posted re Sex Pistols ("Etat Libre D'Orange Sex Pistols bargain £4.99 from The Fragrance Shop").

A fine fragrance for the spring the Troynoy I think.....

Don't have many EdT or EdC (I have many aftershaves!), but my favourites are:

L'Occitane Baux
CKOne (that's right, 90s style)
DR Harris Windsor

Forgive me I've just checked the post and it was Northam Saint who posted re Sex Pistols ("Etat Libre D'Orange Sex Pistols bargain £4.99 from The Fragrance Shop").

[/quote]

Yep ! I'm on my second bottle.

And it's still available at £4.99 plus postage

http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/products/sex-pistols-sex-pistols-eau-de-parfum-50ml-spray-14197.aspx

Northam Saint said:

http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/products/sex-pistols-sex-pistols-eau-de-parfum-50ml-spray-14197.aspx
[/quote]

didnt realise that was who made the sex pistols scent, i think i might have to check that out in town on saturday. etat libre d'orange scents are normally quite pricey arent they? £4.99 seems worth a punt.

isaiah53 said:
Northam Saint said:

didnt realise that was who made the sex pistols scent, i think i might have to check that out in town on saturday. etat libre d'orange scents are normally quite pricey arent they? £4.99 seems worth a punt.
[/quote]

They are normally £52 upwards for a 50ml bottle. I stumbled on it after having a sample of their Fat Electrician. Like you say worth a punt at £4.99. it is also an EDP so slightly more perfume than an EDT.

Back
Top Bottom