Your Personal Dream Signature Scent

For me an ideal " signature scent " is strong enough to be noticed, faint enough to make a passerby by wonder what that vaguely expensive " almost there " fragrance was which they almost caught a glimpse of and always clean and fresh with no cloying notes. In my case Floris No 89. What properties would you like your own signature fragrance to posses and what is the nearest to it you've yet come across ?

JohnnyO. o/

Give me a big dump of castoreum and a fog of oakmoss. Oakmoss has me purring like a cat on nip.

If Trumper's Eucris had something more animalic, that'd probably be it. Animal and some dirt. If I shave, use Novaya Zarya Russian Forest as my aftershave, blat a little black musk attar on the wrists and up the side of my neck and then a splash of Eucris, it's about there ...

Green sour cooking apples, freshly ground green peppercorns, mango, musk and clean green vetiver.

I would layer as follows:
Burberry London provides the apple and pepper.
Guerlain vetiver and kiehls musk/love oil.
Re mango, I have no idea. Its the skin that has a peppery fragrance. Not looking at a sweet scent.

Or

Cream soda with pepper.

Last edited:
I love an 'upscale' barbershop scent, and Ralph Lauren's Safari for Men ticks all the boxes.

At 18, I thought it was loathsome stuff, but now, at the respectable age of 35, I find it to be an elixir of the the gods.

I have been wearing Givenchy Gentleman for years until I recently was totally blown away by a sample of Floris Elite. I'll still wear the Givenchy but if I'm going somewhere that I want to be noticed it has to be the Floris for me from now on.

Back
Top Bottom