Your first time - nervous?

I was pretty excited to be having my first straight razor shave... up until the point when I had to take the first stroke. It is unnerving and scary but in a good way.

TBH my first shave wasn't a blood bath, its the ones that follow when you get "cocky" that you have to watch for! Good luck

Reevers is right, the first cut was on my 7th shave when I thought I had it licked! It then reminded me that great shaves are the reward of constant vigilance.

I still say just go for it, it really isn't as bad as you think it would be.

I'll tell you what, see how men have accidently killed or seriously injured themselves straight shaving? I'm sure there have been a few but not many considering how many have done it over the years. After all, in 2002 18 people required hospitalisation following an accident by putting on their pants!

I read a brilliant book once called 101 Reasons to be Very Frightened of Everything, it gave me the freedom to not worry about anything anymore!

Man up and get that neck shaved. Take your time, you will be fine.

mr..bean said:
After all, in 2002 18 people required hospitalisation following an accident by putting on their pants!

I agree with your sentiments, but that is some statistic!

I think I agree with Abraham Lincoln who said that 83% of all stats on the internet are made up.

Strange that you should say that. This weekend is the 150th commemoration of the Battle of Gettysburg . Turning point of our War between the States.
Terrible 3days , 7,058 were fatalities (3,155 Union, 3,903 Confederate). Another 33,264 had been wounded (14,529 Union, 18,735 Confederate) and 10,790 were missing (5,365 Union, 5,425 Confederate).

Johnus said:
Strange that you should say that. This weekend is the 150th commemoration of the Battle of Gettysburg . Turning point of our War between the States.
Terrible 3days , 7,058 were fatalities (3,155 Union, 3,903 Confederate). Another 33,264 had been wounded (14,529 Union, 18,735 Confederate) and 10,790 were missing (5,365 Union, 5,425 Confederate).

Greetings

Frightening statistics, this far along in our evolution and we are still unable to argue to the point of a compromise! It looks like a lot more similar shit is going to happen very soon in the Middle East!

Regards
Dick.

hellofromme said:
mr..bean said:
After all, in 2002 18 people required hospitalisation following an accident by putting on their pants!

I agree with your sentiments, but that is some statistic!

I think I agree with Abraham Lincoln who said that 83% of all stats on the internet are made up.

Comes from the Office of National Statistics! Some of the casualties were fatal!

I wonder what they put on the death certificate under 'Cause of Death'

"Putting on pants"

Johnus said:
This weekend is the 150th commemoration of the Battle of Gettysburg . Turning point of our War between the States.

No doubt I'll be corrected if wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere more Americans died in 3 days at Gettysburg than in the entire Vietnam War...?

First full shave with the Artist tonight.
No dramas [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] No cuts or weeps.
Had problems going XTG, but none with or against.
Finished off with the slant and got a bit of burn on my neck.
Overall, easier than expected, but it took 3 times as long.
Is it better to shave using the onside hand, or both sides with the right hand?
When going against the grain do you shave the right cheek with the left hand, or the right hand?
Cheers
Cam

Johnus said:

John, just to put this into context I believe the number of dead in Syria is now above 200 thousand and it's not even classed as a war. Happy 4th July

Back
Top Bottom