Your favourite brush?

If you had to pick one brush to use for the rest of your days which one would you choose? I'm looking for your favourite all rounder, your "go to" brush, in terms of looks and performance.
I've not used that many so far, so out of the 8-9 brushes that I've tried I'd pick my New Forest Tubby 2. Great all round brush but which is yours?

Hard to pick for me but it would be a choice from Rooney 2XL, Any shavemac d01 3 band and Chubby 2 2 band.

Ignore my post Niral. I just can't pick and thankfully I don't have to!

This one. It was a present, but it also helps that it's really rather good.
e3623bc08151a2a3270d804bd1d0667e_zps6e27141b.jpg

NNathwani said:
If you had to pick one brush to use for the rest of your days which one would you choose? I'm looking for your favourite all rounder, your "go to" brush, in terms of looks and performance.
I've not used that many so far, so out of the 8-9 brushes that I've tried I'd pick my New Forest Tubby 2. Great all round brush but which is yours?

I'm glad you're enjoying the brush.

My favourite is a horse hair one made by Rodney Neep, its got a beautiful walnut burl handle.

NNathwani said:

My favorite would also come from New Forest - the New Forest High Mountain Badger 2224. All the things I like in a brush. Soft tips unlike any other I've had, great backbone, dense, but doesn't hog the lather, and just extremely well-built. Just the right size for me as well - 22mm with a 52mm loft. The handle is 35mm in diameter and is 45mm tall (just the handle). It feels perfect in my hand.
BTW, I also own the New Forest Tubby 2, and I think that is a great brush as well. So far I haven't gotten a New Forest brush that wasn't less than wonderful.
A picture of my brush from the New Forest website --

[attachment=7379]

Attachments

• New Forest High Mountain Badger 2224.jpg
    New Forest High Mountain Badger 2224.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 48
Sm304 said:
Yellow Jim said:
This one. It was a present, but it also helps that it's really rather good.
e3623bc08151a2a3270d804bd1d0667e_zps6e27141b.jpg

I love this brush, I need one! So pretty!

Me too. I've been drooling over the simpsons site the last few days.

Surprised to see such a variety of different brushes. Just goes to show you that it's down to personal preference.

My toothbrush... I use it twice every single day!

Shavingwise, a Morris & Forndran 24x52 Blonde Badger. Good backbone, soft tips, comfortable handle, holds plenty of lather and releases it easily, and performs like a champ with both creams and soaps. My desert island brush.

So many too choose from... mostly Un-Used. Sucker for a pretty brush.

But my ToGo brushes are custom's: KeyHole KH4, Beautford B6, Harvard H5 or Fifty series No:59.

Charles U.K

Back
Top Bottom