Your father's first car...

[attachment=5253] This thing in brown. 1972 olds. I am sure he had some before haha. This is just the first one I recall.

Attachments

• 0322001705a.jpg
    0322001705a.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 15
MorrisCowleySix1934front.jpg

Bought 25 years old to get family and childrens' friends to Leicester and back - we got to Oxford on the way home and abandoned it on the by-pass. Mother didn't have a license and he was given his during the war - neither had ever learned to drive. Did we kids know or care? Boy! you could play gangsters on those running boards!

The first car I remember my Dad having was a MkIII Ford Cortina in green, reg FLN 825J.
He had several before this but this is the one I remember.

one of these a Renault 4 resprayed in matt black with an orange stripe going over the bonnet and roof.Must have looked very cool
800px-R4_3_v_sst.jpg

It had an eight track and a funny gear stick that came out of the dash board

I can't remember which way around they were, but these two featured early in my youth, a 1972 Cortina Estate identical to this one but in red with a black vinyl roof:

And a 1975 Hillman Avenger, like this but in beige:

Before kids came into the family I think my Dad was a fan of minis.

First car I remember was my dad's mk 2 golf. Seem to remember it had an electric operating aerial that was meant to come up when you turned the stereo on, but broke (think dad fitted it himself, he used to be a mechanic). He never got it to work as it should so he just fitted a 2 way switch to move it.

First car I remember mum having was a red mk 2 Astra, seem to remember being in my first car crash in it....

Not quite his first but he was promised first refusal on it way before he ever bought one.
Unfortunately a little too small for me at 6' so our kid has it now. He has repainted it in pretty much the same colour as it always was and done a lot of work on it.
1929? Austin 7 Tourer with an Aluminium Ulster style body.

Austin7small.jpg

Great thread.

The first I remember was YLG 59W, a 1.6L Cortina mk4 saloon (a bit more orange than this Ghia!)

Prior to that, he had a mk3 estate in purple, but I can't remember that!

3002958752_8f6bf24929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom