Your current Top 5 WINTER Shaving Creams are ?

Helveticum said:
Don't take it personal Claus, all's making sense, just as you said - YMMV. For me, just like for PavlovsDog, it's a matter of mood (and if my skin's feeling dry, I just use a moisturiser :)) - which scent to choose. It may be influenced by the ambience, or may not be.

I try not to ;)

But why the 1 star rating of my thread, I'm still a rookie with 15 posts :icon_cry2:
Give me a break guys :blush:

My For Sale thread also received a 1 Star rating :huh:
Someone out there hates me, bring on the hate :icon_mad:

CHSeifert said:
Helveticum said:
Don't take it personal Claus, all's making sense, just as you said - YMMV. For me, just like for PavlovsDog, it's a matter of mood (and if my skin's feeling dry, I just use a moisturiser :)) - which scent to choose. It may be influenced by the ambience, or may not be.

I try not to ;)

But why the 1 star rating of my thread, I'm still a rookie with 15 posts :icon_cry2:

This is a virtual world like all forums (?Fora). I received a bit of clique centered hassle on a non-smoking forum so I left it and joined another - simple answer for me. The fact is there will always be little people who hide behind avatars, been that way since I started using t'internet in 1996. There are those who derive some sort of pleasure by messing with heads - their problem, not yours. No one hates you because no one knows you. Stick with your friends and family for real relationships.:heart:

BTW - Loving Proraso Blue at the moment.

All the best

Neil

I normally shave at night, but on Saturdays I shave in the morning after my shower - I could see myself using something mentholated then when the bathrooms is humid. Other than that its Cella, Vitos and Nanny's lavender that make the regular rotation most with some guest appearances by others.

Last year (or was it the year before?) my winter shaves were ... Proraso Pre / Ingrams cream / Alcolado Glacial.

Mmmm, tingly.

CHSeifert said:
Helveticum said:

I try not to ;)

I never realised there was such a function, but i aint going to bother checking any of the ratings on mine, couldnt really care less and neither should you. But if it makes you feel better, this thread you started has given me some ideas on new soaps so five stars from me for starting it.
Never really thought of winter scents before, especially not in soaps. But steves bay rum has been getting used more frequently lately. Can you get a bay rum soap anyone?

Daz

Nancy Boy signature scent is the most emollient shaving cream I've come across and I use mine on particularly icey days as I do get dry skin. Other winter favourites are MWF soap and Musgo Real cream (both contain lanolin).

I also don't pay attention to the star ratings, it's the headline that grabs me, but I'm glad it's up to four as I've enjoyed this thread.
I disagree with the exclusion of menthol and eucalyptus during winter months, I am a North Sea oil worker and my work shaving regime consists of Proraso green pre/post cream and shaving cream, Trumpers alum and Proraso white asb and this works for me all year round.
At home, I am like you Claus, I want it all, I am looking forward to Monday. I have just come home from work this afternoon and I have six parcels waiting for me at the postal depot, amongst the goodies is a selection of nanny's hard and soft soaps and a rod neep brush. :) I am also loving my Trumpers Rose and Spanish Leather creams, MWF soap and DR H Windsor cream.

Scott.

Back
Top Bottom