Your budget

sunburyboy93 said:
Most i have paid was £130 or whatever it was for Feather All Stainless, i don't think i have a limit, if i want it, i will buy it, if i regret it later then so be it, i am giving some serious consideration to the PILS Razor :shock: :?

Wow, I'd never heard of this razor until your post. I was lusting after the Feather but this PILS looks even nicer! This isn't good. I am supposed to be getting SRAD now, not RAD!!

Sadly, my limit is around £30 (if I don't want the ol' hairy eyeball from SWMBA - along with various and sundry admonishments, eye-rolls, contentious sighs, head-shakes and other such indicators that my mental health and soundness of mind has been brought under serious scrutiny and found to be lacking even more than previously estimated).

If I can tolerate a certain level of such, for more than a few days, then I might go to £35- 40, as long as the general budgetary load still falls within the acceptable parameters. So I need a very low-priced but good condition Eclipse Red Ring, Goodfellas, and Ikon strategically spaced along a gradual time-line ...

• Yeah, not very likely, I know.[/list:u][/list:u]

I have no desire to amass a large collection, the most I have spent was on my Futur just shy of £40. If I find a a vintage at <£10 in a shop I may go for it but I don't sift through Ebay.

By plan is to buy & sell razors to fund my habit - so at the end of the day I have 0 cash outlay - but a good collection.

No real upper limit - if I know it's good for the collection or has profit.

So far the most I have paid is £40 and I don't think I would pay more than that. I can tell the difference between a bad razor and a good razor, and one I like versus dislike, but despite from a better finish and higher quality materials I don't think I would be happy spending any more than this.

And brushes: I can't really imagine spending more than whatever the cheapest 'good' omega goes for (those for about £15 to £20)

:oops: Paid 70 quid for a gold aristocrat mint cased which was more than i had wanted to spend,but like sunbury says if you want it you will pay it..dont drink or go out to pub so this is my hobby now and 90% of the time you can always get back what you paid near enough anyway.. :D

My Futur was the most expensive razor that I have bought. I'm not a collector, so as long as I have that then I wont be spending any significant amount on a razor again.

When I started dipping my toes in the shaving forums, I bought myself a Merkur HD as comparison for the Futur. However it doesn't get used and I'll probably be thinking about selling it when I get home.

My Mergress was the most expensive DE razor I bought which worked out at £67 from Lees Razors which included Mers fee for converting it and shipping costs. Having used it for a while now I would spend that again on it as I'm very happy with it!

Ah now if I had been asked this a month or two before Christmas I would hve said......... :roll:

"Let me get Christmas out off the way and then that Stainless Feather will be mine! oh yes!" :twisted:

Not indicative of my budget but in the words of "The New Seakers" (Eurovision 1972 AAAAAAhhhh I'm old! :eek: ) I would Beg Steal or Borrow!

Well maybe beg or borrow! My father used to be an Inspector in the local Barracks here so stealings not an option!! :(

Anyhoo...Since I have just started down the straight edge road the purchase of another DE would be an unwanted distraction at the mo. :shave

for a safety razor, my limit would be £50-75.

Theres almost nothing else you can do to a safety razor beyond this pricepoint that will enhance the shaving experience beyond the decorative and aesthetic. Plenty of new and used razors, including adjustables available for far less than this.

I see it being a bit like fountain pens... in the world of pens... you can keep spending up to about £300 with gains available in the quality of the writing instrument as you climb up to this price. But beyond this, you're simply paying for decoration, fancy finishes or branding (e.g. the bentley gold fountain pen for £21000). What you're not doing, is improving the writing experience one little bit.

Back
Top Bottom