Your budget

Since we all spent quite a bit so far on shaving gear(mine adds up to £100 on shavingshack alone),we sometimes try to hold back from the temptation,well we can always try anyway.

Now just out of curiosity what's your absolute limit you would spend on a safety razor these days?(BE HONEST) :twisted: :shave :twisted:

My limit would be about £20 which is what I can afford to spend a month. I suppose I could save up for a few months and by a more expensive item, but the thought of not getting anything for a couple of months is too much to bear. :lol:

Yellow Jim said:
The most I've spent on one razor is £80, but it did get me a pretty much mint condition toggle so was more than a fair price to pay.

Certainly a good price for a toggle,I think if I aquire one my quest to collect razors would pretty much reach an end

Thats a good question..but I have noticed superspeeds going up in value recently...so I would say $25 USD if the razor is in mint condition with original box (if any)

B

The most expensive razors I have bought are the Pils and the Feather. However I am not a collector so I would not pay £500 for a mint condition vintage, although there are many would would pay a whole lot more. I don't have a limit as such, I assess if I want it bad enough for the money they are asking and if necessary I save for it.

Only one that is in my wish list is the IKON, that will need to wait for a while but I am in no hurry.

I said to myself £40-50 but i have broken that rule! :oops:

But i am keeping my limit to 3 de razors so i thought i might aswell have some nice ones!

Within reason, whatever it took to get the best razor for me. Razors are great value compared with high end brushes. I did buy a Feather Stainless Steel but for me it didn't perform as well as a £20 Jagger. My Chatsworth, which remains my favourite, was around £56.

If I was a serious collector of rare razors - well, I'm glad I'm not.

Well all in I paid about £70 for the Ikon with both heads and I am debating £60 on a fatboy, but Im waiting on a slim first to try an adjustable before I commit that much.
The Ikon was an impulsive buy, but so far my favorite razor.

Hmm, good question, I haven't set a limit for myself. What I noticed is that what I earlier thought was way to much all by a sudden seems very acceptable. Just got my hands on a LOT of razors (Fat Boy, Slim, Super Speed, Blut Tip etc) and I like the Fat Boy so much that I already started to look for one in excellent condition. Not that I need it but it feels like I do :lol:

So far still the most expensive would my my Merkur HD and EJ 89L although I now prefer the vintage Gillettes I have acquired, much more value for the money if you ask me.

Guess I would be prepared to pay up to £50-60 if it's something i rely would like.

Most i have paid was £130 or whatever it was for Feather All Stainless, i don't think i have a limit, if i want it, i will buy it, if i regret it later then so be it, i am giving some serious consideration to the PILS Razor :shock: :?

As a pensioner, most I could really spend nowadays would be £25 _ £30 ; however having said that I did pay more for my pre owned Cobra. But that truly was a one off, being my "Ikon".

JohnnyO. :geek:

Back
Top Bottom