You can make one law . . . what would it be?

Re: RE: You can make one law . . . what would it be?

Rev-O said:
I did a wedding a while back and the bride had some fruit in her bouquet, so I mentioned this and added "I can see from here she also has a lovely pear". Got a good laugh.
Haha. Love it.

chris.hale said:
Steve27752 said:
UKRob said:
Steve27752 said:
Legalise the ownership of firearms.
Well it is legal - so I assume you mean get rid of gun controls. If so, why?

I am talking about reversing the legislation that closed down shooting clubs.
Allowing anyone without a criminal record to be able to own and shoot Sec 1 firearms.

At the moment anyone with an FAC can own Section 1 firearms. Do you mean bring back handguns?

Yes.

The Rev starts a serious thread about what law would you make if you can and THEN hijacks his OWN thread to talk about knockers instead?

Men, eh!? Even those of us with a masters in Theology can't help ourselves! So if God did make us in his own image I would fully expect him to look something akin to Benny Hill?!

Or like this

Attachments

• god.jpeg
    god.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 17
It's not so much the Creator making us in His image which concerns me as our returning the compliment.

Or, as an old Texan saying has it, " Lord lead me into all truth; and preserve me from those who believe they already have it. " .

J ohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

zoch kosis revis hahin said:
I would ban sex. Make it completely illegal.

You do know that's where babies (that's brand new humans, essential for the survival of the species) come from, don't you?

joe mcclaine said:

You do know that's where babies (that's brand new humans, essential for the survival of the species) come from, don't you?

But at the current rate, it will be the destruction of our species. Nowt wrong with that per se - t'ain't written that we have to be here.

joe mcclaine said:

It does complicate things though doesn't it? I mean, simple friendships and even chance encounters are all tinted and tainted by the threat / promise / possibility of sex or at least of some sort of romantic / erotic subtext, on one or both sides.

I'm a straight man so this chiefly applies to my interaction with women but also to men to (is he gay? does he think I am?) and even children (is it weird to smile a child in a pool or on the beach when they are in their swimming costumes? can I bathe or change someone else's baby - better mention that I'm a dad myself, too)

Etc etc etc.

all the paranoia and posturing and second-guessing and hopes ("Looks like I'm in here, lads!") and fears ("oh no!")

God, some days I'd get rid of the whole thing if I could.

Now you can copy and post THAT when I'm archbishop.

Back
Top Bottom