Yardley Shaving Soap

Found a photo (I think)[attachment=7220]
Believe that it used English Lavender. The three lavenders that I've use : French , English and Hungarian do all smell differently.
You may want to look for a soap using English Lavender.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367852497.588466.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367852497.588466.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 31
Thanks Johnus, but I already tried that..English Lavender that is.....From what I remember of the Yardley scent, there was also a touch of Cedarwood along with the Lavender giving the whole scent a lovely soft "powdery" smell.....

Why on Earth don't Yardley make some more to the old recipe?...they'd make a lot of shavers very happy bunnies.

I picked up a NOS Yardley shaving soap and bowl last week still in the wrapper, unfortunately the tallow or some other ingredient had leaked into the bowl and the smell of the wood had crossed over into the soap.

Result = one musty soap, so in the bin it went.

Maybe it had been stored in a damp environment and thats why it went off.

I'm only posting this as a bit of a warning, as I know there is one for sale at the moment, hopefully though it wont be like the one I purchased.

Never heard of the Yardley soap but we do have Yardly shavin gcreams here. The elegance which has a nice powdery old school scent and the Gold which is rather soapy.

I bought a slightly used yardley bowl with a label the same as the one on the left of the photo. It has no scent, but makes wonderful lather.

Back
Top Bottom