XPEC or L'occitane

Tim B said:
L'Occitane is one of my favourites. So far I've managed to get my first 2 tubes without paying the full price. The first was via a gift card that had some unused balance left , so I only paid £10 in cash; and earlier this week I bought one for £13.50, 25% off full price.

I find it quite moisturising without always having to use any ASB.

L'Occitane CADE ASB is very good. I haven't seen the other two ASBs though - Baux, and Cedre & Oranger except on their website.

Your best bet would be to ask for a sample, and see how it goes. It's one of those love it or hate it, but then I have used other brands which have not been as good. With L'Occitane, it tends to be one of those shaving creams which does not have a specific scent, unlike almond, rose, or sandalwood for instance.

Instead, it has a lot of oils of this or that, extracts of this or that etc, so you get an overall aroma which is a combination of different ingredients. A bit like the way Truefitt and Hill No 10, or St James of London cedar wood & clarysage is, but not the same aroma.

I asked at the store but they said they can't give me a sample because they don't have testers for the shaving cream. I use their ASB Cade, it's the only balm i use, it's very good imho

I've not had any success with L'Occitane shaving cream, old or new formulation. In fact I found that both incarnations lathered so poorly that I threw the tubes away after 6 shaves each. I find that Taylor of Old Bond Street make excellent shaving creams and are very well priced relative to the other English luxury creams; their aftershave lotions are excellent as well. For outstanding performance for the price of a beer The Real Shaving Company shaving cream can't be beat. I've also found The Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream to be excellent and well priced.

Back
Top Bottom