XBMC/TVaddons

I only use the subtitles one, I think I have a youtube one which also lets you play trailers from your library wall.

Nishy said:
Do they all work in the UK?

Seem to, there's a bloke called Husham who has loads of how to vids on you tube.
Just installed a couple of weeks ago so still fumbling with it just now.
I have a little android box as well but so much easier to play around with on my laptop, but thats just my opinion though.
Genesis works OK for me and 1channel.

We use some of the above and also Project Free TV. Is a bit frustrating trying to stream from icefilms and movreel or hugefiles now. The stream stops after 15 mins and needs reloading. Any ideas.

Thanks for mentioning Phoenix though Antdad, I've been looking for NFL recordings for years. I'm just looking for College football now.

We use a Raspberry Pi hooked up to the TV.

Not me bud, I guess the servers are just overwhelmed as there's been a flood of cheap, powerful plug n play android boxes available over the last 6 months. I tend not to stream as it's too unreliable but download if I can to my imac and use Plex server.

Streaming works fine for me, 100% record through movreel using a jailbroken atv 2. You can download prior but I find a min of 60mb d/s to be adequate

I've had one of these android boxes for a year now. A matricom G-box. Initially tried streaming but found it easier to just download the torrents and use the box as an interface/media player.
My brother in law over seas has the same and I know he does stream but being non UK doesnt have the ISP block issues we have here I suspect.

Thanks for the info on phoenix. I usually get my nfl games from usenet and tpb as a backup, today no sign of my Bills game and tpb is down. Just installed Phoenix and there's all yesterday's games in HD. Very happy indeed.

joe mcclaine said:
This entire thread was in a foreign language until my eldest visited yesterday.

Now I can see one of these in my future, especially as the wife's Sky contract ends in a couple of weeks.
It's a good way of getting round Netflix/lovefilm etc and to stream some sport channels. But I wouldn't get rid of sky/virgin simply because streaming can be a pain in the arse.

I've just bought a 6 month sub to an IPTV service for just over a tenner a month...streams loadsa sport in HD, movies, VOD and no buffering.

joe mcclaine said:
Nishy said:
joe mcclaine said:

Now I can see one of these in my future, especially as the wife's Sky contract ends in a couple of weeks.
It's a good way of getting round Netflix/lovefilm etc and to stream some sport channels. But I wouldn't get rid of sky/virgin simply because streaming can be a pain in the arse.

Had a play on the downloaded version on my lap top yesterday.

I got a buffering message about 90 seconds into a film so uninstalled it and gave my head a wobble.

Pile of old wank.
Hmm, I have to be honest I would have done the same as you did. I'm using a 60mb wired connection most times otherwise 40mb wireless when using xbmc. I use an apple tv 2 as my platform device.

In simple English Internet has to be fast and stable. HD is hard to run at times, DVD quality is flawless for me. Navi x is what I use some channels are strange like the live worldwide camera feed, you can watch a tropical storm brewing on Jamaica beaches from your sofa. But the documentaries, films, sports etc are quality.

Nishy said:
joe mcclaine said:
Nishy said:
joe mcclaine said:

I got a buffering message about 90 seconds into a film so uninstalled it and gave my head a wobble.

Pile of old wank.
Hmm, I have to be honest I would have done the same as you did. I'm using a 60mb wired connection most times otherwise 40mb wireless when using xbmc. I use an apple tv 2 as my platform device.

In simple English Internet has to be fast and stable. HD is hard to run at times, DVD quality is flawless for me. Navi x is what I use some channels are strange like the live worldwide camera feed, you can watch a tropical storm brewing on Jamaica beaches from your sofa. But the documentaries, films, sports etc are quality.
The reason for Apple tv 2 is to run it from my TV as opposed to linking my laptop to the TV or watching it on the laptop.

I actually have a apple tv 2 for sale but the raspberry pi is cheaper and is meant to do the same thing.

joe mcclaine said:
Nishy said:
joe mcclaine said:

Pile of old wank.

You have to persevere with it, I have less than 2mbps internet and can still stream reasonably well. HD is out of the question but if a stream constantly buffers, then I stop it and try another. It won't replace my sky subscription but may supplement it. I might replace sky movies with a faster broadband initially and see how it compares.

Back
Top Bottom