WTB: Weber DLC - God loves an optimist!

Bechet45 said:
Three paltry bids in already! Why do people start bidding wars days before an auction ends? Buyers just love them!

Anybody fancy running a book on how much it goes for? I reckon £126.

I have no idea of what they sold for when available but I'll have a stab at £89.

Check out my top cap, Ed thinks this may have been caused by cleaning or harsh chemicals? It's only ever been cleaned in hot water with fairy washing up liquid and a soft toothbrush?
[attachment=7238]
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368127811.962411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368127811.962411.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 67
mattyb240 said:
Check out my top cap, Ed thinks this may have been caused by cleaning or harsh chemicals? It's only ever been cleaned in hot water with fairy washing up liquid and a soft toothbrush?

Any thoughts?

Makes you wonder why they are so desirable

mattyb240 said:

Any thoughts?

I can readily see why Ed might say that! I agree with him. Why on earth are you using Fairy Liquid (mild on your hands) and a toothbrush? They shouldn't attack Diamond Like Coatings - so what do you use that might?

First up in my mind are TOBS creams - they all attack my face on contact. The ingredients list reads like chemical warfare but all the other brands do, too! What do you use to lather most frequently when you use the DLC?

mattyb240 said:

Any thoughts?

looks like it needs a new coat of satin black paint DLC.

i have a small dot on the head of my DLC like that, where the coating is thinner.

watching what that goes for with interest, mine might be next if its a lot!

Grunter said:
I have no idea of what they sold for when available but I'll have a stab at £89.

Heh, you will be pretty shocked at the original pricing. There's an old thread or two that you should read......about the time the Weber razor was first being noticed fairly well.

Bechet45 said:
mattyb240 said:

Any thoughts?

I can readily see why Ed might say that! I agree with him. Why on earth are you using Fairy Liquid (mild on your hands) and a toothbrush? They shouldn't attack Diamond Like Coatings - so what do you use that might?

First up in my mind are TOBS creams - they all attack my face on contact. The ingredients list reads like chemical warfare but all the other brands do, too! What do you use to lather most frequently when you use the DLC?

Yeah absolutely I can see exactly where he's coming from. Primarily is Proraso Green and Dr Harris Windsor cream are my main ones.

Why the query about washing up liquid and toothbrush? It's just to get in the nooks and crannies in the base plate and round the threads to clean off soap residue.

He's being facetious! It's a fair point though. There are far too many issues with these coated heads - especially the DLC rather than the ARC. I'm personally glad I held off from both.

Bechet45 said:
Any thoughts?

[/quote]

What's doin Carl,

I am sorry, but I'm still not sure what you're saying here. So do you really agree with Ed or are you being sarcastic? Also are you seriously suggesting something in a particular shaving cream is possibly causing the problem?

Please tell me what's up when you get time.

Danke

dodgy said:
Grunter said:

Heh, you will be pretty shocked at the original pricing. There's an old thread or two that you should read......about the time the Weber razor was first being noticed fairly well.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Around 55.00 USD by any chance?

What is the big thing with these razors? Are they that good?
Or is a bit like me and Jamie the Welsh enabler every time he posts a new Japanese Straight I want one. Why, coz I do .......:dodgy::dodgy: and for no other reason. I have never shaved with one, I just covet his razor..........:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Ok.......I must be missing something here,

Now the big deal is the black head...........is that right? Does it shave the same as some other silver colored heads? I sorta remember a thread on that but I don't remember anything remarkable comes to mind. There was maybe a slight difference to some people.

Doesn't matter anyway. What I'm getting at is these heads seem pretty popular for whatever the reason. It's gonna be interesting to see what the ebay one sells for.

So what I can't figure out is why that company hasn't made more.........lots more, and sold em? They get zero revenue from secondary market sales.

Martin

Oh, I almost forgot about some recent issues that most of you are aware of. Man, I would be kinda skeptical I'm sad to say.

Just like anything, some people think Webers are great, some hate them.

I've owned 2 that I bought new. They shaved OK, but no better than any other razor. The quality of both of mine was not to the standard I expected.

I sold mine. I'll stick with my vintage Gillette News.

mattyb240 said:
Why the query about washing up liquid and toothbrush? It's just to get in the nooks and crannies in the base plate and round the threads to clean off soap residue.

Curiosity, is all! I'm guessing hard water area.

dodgy said:
What's doin Carl,

I am sorry, but I'm still not sure what you're saying here. So do you really agree with Ed or are you being sarcastic? Also are you seriously suggesting something in a particular shaving cream is possibly causing the problem?

Please tell me what's up when you get time.

Danke

I'm agreeing with Ed. Did I not say that? It looks like chemical attack to me.

I can't see it being due to Fairy Liquid - a mild washing-up detergent - so what else does the razor head get immersed in? Lather and local water. I rule out the water, albeit without evidence, because it does not attack Matty's guts (as far as we know). Leaves lather. I suggest TOBS creams because they contain something that attacks my flesh in an instant - which fact may be totally irrelevant, I admit.

I'm also assuming the DLC coating is inert because it is on so many Weber razors other than Matty's.

Back
Top Bottom