WTB: Weber DLC - God loves an optimist!

Can't help you as I'm keeping all the ones I have but you might get lucky as I got one on this forum last month after asking the same question. Good luck!

Well we may be able to affect an outcome with a bit of coordination...

I have emailed Weber highlighting the demand for the DLC and received a positive reply. It seems they are considering a further manufacturing run, but have yet to settle on when that maybe.

Perhaps if we lobby Weber, we might be able o bring that date forward to slake our thrust for this fine animal!

What do you think?

I'll follow up with the email address I've been using as they are really very good at replying to correspondence.

If everyone lets them know how much they want a DLC, perhaps collective power will change hearts and minds!

Feel free to lobby:

Ed at weber

Service@weberrazor.com

Let me know how you get on!

I've a DLC and quite like the fact that it'll be worth more than my pension at this rate ;)

Seriously, the number of problems that Weber seem to have had with batches of their coated heads, and the fact that they've been sold at same price as the vanilla stainless suggest that their profit margins will be less. I reckon that they'll market any new releases of the DLC/ARC as a more costly premium razor, but then they'll start to run into competition with the better finished SS razors.

A good friend who is regularly in contact with the manufacturer says there is going to be a new run of DLC's later this year, so you might get one after all.

Ed's feedback seems fairly consistent. He tald me "in a few months, maybe" some time ago. Then we have "considering a furtherr run" and "later this year".

So I'll continue to stand at the front of the queue whilst not holding my breathe for a new run at Weber, sometime in the future, maybe later this year, perhaps.

How about one or several of you DLC owners PMing me with sale offers, naming your price - a bit of scientific market research to establish whether or not you need to continue contributing to your pension fund?

Bechet45 said:
Ed's feedback seems fairly consistent. He tald me "in a few months, maybe" some time ago. Then we have "considering a furtherr run" and "later this year".

So I'll continue to stand at the front of the queue whilst not holding my breathe for a new run at Weber, sometime in the future, maybe later this year, perhaps.

How about one or several of you DLC owners PMing me with sale offers, naming your price - a bit of scientific market research to establish whether or not you need to continue contributing to your pension fund?

I was going to sell mine Carl , but , to be honest I had a cracking shave with it yesterday , a Shark Super Chrome and unscented MDC , 24 hour's or so later the beard is just starting to come through now , I think that has changed my mind and if they do ever do a re-run I would probably buy a spare or two ,
Good luck with your search ,
Derrick

Bechet45 said:

I retired at age 50 and have no need for more money so don't expect a PM from me ;-)

I'll keep them just in case. I got my first one a few months ago because a good friend kept pushing me to try one and when I finally did it became one of my top favorite razors instantly.

If they do a run this year I'll order another backup. Never tried a polished head, there are a lot of people that claim there is no difference in the shave. But it's all YMMV anyway, I like the DLC a lot, others sell them because it's not the kind of razor that they expected. Hope you find one in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom