Wrights coal tar

As my pre-shave usually includes a shower I tend to just shampoo my beard with whatever I'm doing my hair with at the time. Sometimes I'll follow this up with a soap wash too, usually a tea tree oil soap.

Can't stand the smell of coal tar soap. yuck.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

I have tried all sorts of so called beard prep. soaps / washes and in my opinion (for what it is worth) is that they are all exactly the same in the function they perform; ie they degrease the skin and soften the beard. It matters not whether they are the cheapest soap or the most expensive preparation they serve the same purpose.

I have now given up on them and use Dove liquid soap which I have anyway at all sinks in the house as hand washing soap.

Regards
Dick

I have found very interesting your posting. So, in your experience, did you note any difference using glycerin soaps compared with regular ones? Because sometimes I think that would be a good add to try a pre-shave glycerin soap but I never was sure about them considering the extra cost.

Cheers!

Always wash with Cidal soap and have even used it as a shaving soap for a cartridge razor (fusion) when on holiday! Found it performed better than the Gillette fusion gel. Its very good for dry skin as well IMHO. Also works well for washing hair (yes I only remembered soap, razor and toothpaste/brush on holiday lol). 2 bars are 99p in pound land, also available in Boots for about 4x the price.

Sir_eider said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

I have tried all sorts of so called beard prep. soaps / washes and in my opinion (for what it is worth) is that they are all exactly the same in the function they perform; ie they degrease the skin and soften the beard. It matters not whether they are the cheapest soap or the most expensive preparation they serve the same purpose.

I have now given up on them and use Dove liquid soap which I have anyway at all sinks in the house as hand washing soap.

Regards
Dick

I have found very interesting your posting. So, in your experience, did you note any difference using glycerin soaps compared with regular ones? Because sometimes I think that would be a good add to try a pre-shave glycerin soap but I never was sure about them considering the extra cost.

Cheers!

I'm with Dick but that's a good point raised between glycerin and non-glycerin. I can't use any glycerin soaps at all either on my body or my face as it dries my skin out so much.

Back
Top Bottom