Wrights coal tar

I'm really enjoying using wrights coal tar glycerin based soap or cidal lemon soap pre shave to soften the whiskers in this hot climate as opposed to a greasy pre shave oil/balm.

Does anyone else use a soap pre shave or have any suggestions of good ones? I'm looking for a tea tree one currently and prefer glycerin based

I use Scent From Heaven's Tea Tree Soap both as a pre and post shave wash , I find the antibacterial propertie's highly beneficial .
By the way they also do a coal tar shaving soap which I have not tried yet ,but, if it smell's half as good as Wright's ..............

I always use soap.

Always have.

Imperial Leather / Wright's / Clinique.

Tried some poncy pre-shave what-nots, but I couldn't imagine using anything else.

I'm just using a natural lavender scented soap from the lavender farm near to me when I shower, it seems to clean and soften nicely. I have no idea what the base is, but I'm happy with it. Makes me smell like a big girl's blouse, and I'm comfortable with that.

I've been using Proraso Sul Filo Del Rasoio Glycerin Cleansing Bar, lathers really nice and feels very soft on my face,I definatly feel I get a better shave after using it than i do when I don't use it, although that may be me trying to justify it to myself:icon_razz:

http://safetyrazors.co.uk/proraso-sul-filo-del-rasoio-glycerin-cleansing-bar/

Canuck said:
Water can't soften whiskers while the whiskers have skin oils on them. You need the soap to allow the water to penetrate.

+1 on that - did a week or two on fatty acid salts and stearates and 'wetting' chemistry at uni.

Ratty

Ratty said:
Canuck said:
Water can't soften whiskers while the whiskers have skin oils on them. You need the soap to allow the water to penetrate.

+1 on that - did a week or two on fatty acid salts and stearates and 'wetting' chemistry at uni.

Ratty

I agree with you but specifically soap doesn't soften whiskers as suggested by the OP, and any old soap will strip the oils off hair it needn't be a "pre-shave" soap.

Sorry, in order to be completely correct; by pre shave I mean I use it (soap) to wash my face before I shave and in softening whiskers I mean to strip the oil of the hairs so water is absorbed making the hair or whiskers softer. I just thought this was understood.

Currently using Arran Aromatics Eucalyptus & Peppermint to wash my face whilst showering pre-shave. Very nice. Picked it up at TK Maxx for £3. I find they always have a really decent selection of soaps. Worth a look if you are passing

Jon

Back
Top Bottom