worst cream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replied to his 3 types of razors thread but TBH I was pretty sure he was trolling us and as soon as I saw the welcome and cream threads I decided not to reply to any others.

troll_01.gif

Dermot O'Logical said:
Well, if I'd known that you were all going to be so bitchy I would have joined B&B instead. They're much friendlier.

It would seem i have been caught once today...not again Dermot... :lol:

raspberry.gif

Don't know about you guys? but I really enjoy it when we get a spangle joining.

I read their threads and then, I'm almost ashamed to admit, sit back and wait on the barrage to begin.

Rangers62 lovin' the bunkernuts

mothman mike said:
Robert_Johnston said:
mothman mike said:
So, I have quite a large collection of creams and soaps. I thought I would try a Castle Forbes Lime EO cream and purchased a tub last Christmas. As I like to rotate my scents I used the CF last week for the first time in a while. Now bearing in mind that this tub I have only had for 9 months when i opened it, the cream was all a murky brown colour, yikes! Considering this is the most expensive cream in my collection I thought it would be good stuff 'fraid not, not only has it changed colour but it left my skin dry and flaking a couple of days later. All my other creams, and I have some that I have had for nearly 3 years are fine and do not dry my skin out. I won't be buying any more CF from now on me thinks.
So, what is your least favourite cream boys'?

Hello,

I have retailed Castle Forbes products for over 13 years now and never seen a "murky brown pot"! Mind you we turnover our CF stock monthly and know that they only ever make batches of 500 pots, so a 9 month unused pot is probably unheard of.

You do of course have two options Mr Moth Man Mike,

1. Return the pot to TGS with a polite letter explaining that you have bought a pot of Castle Forbes Limes nine months ago and it is now "murky brown". Include your name address and order number so that we can pass these on to Castle Forbes along with your pot. This gives CF the oppurtunity to examine the product and have it tested by their chemist to discover why this has happened. Upon receipt of practically unused pot and order details TGS would of course have replaced it, but with the CF Lavender which will be more suitable for your skin type.

2. Register with a shaving forum and 33 minutes later rubbish a companies product without attempting the reasonable option 1and offering no visual evidence.

I hope this puts an end to this thread and I look forward to handling this complaint in the civilised manner to which it should have been first addressed.

Regards, Robert

Thanks for the reply: In response to your post:

1. I no longer have the receipt so haven't got a clue what the order No is. I would estimate the pot as not quite being practically unused, there's a deep crater in the centre of the pot. Would you refund my P&P if I did return the pot? (which in all probability I am not going to do, can't be bothered with all the messing) FWIW, I will still use the cream (will probably mix it bit by bit with another brand of Limes cream) and get rid of it first. FWIW, the surface of the cream resembles the brown skin on rice pudding, there does seem to be brownish colouring further below. It may be a fault of the EO in it. The tub has been kept tightly closed with the plastic lid replaced after each use, in the original carton box in a closed cupboard along with all my other creams. Dehydration/drying out does not appear to be the problem.
On the Lavender cream, I hate that scent.

2. If I find something that I don't particularly like I am entitled to rubbish it, after all it is my cash that has been spent on it and when I woke up this morning this was still a free, democratic country. I think Ford cars are crap having had one many moons ago so no longer buy those, the same goes with lager beer. It might be me but I think CF is way over priced for what it is and it doesn't (to me anway) perform any better than say Taylor's which is only approximately one third of the price. Everyone's MMV of course.

I was only giving my opinion of what I felt about CF creams and wasn't looking for a refund or exchange, it was other's on here that brought up the refund/exchange topic. I was interested in what other's worst cream(s) were that was all. I did not intend this to ba a slagging off of CF or their products, in fact I could say the same about AOS being overpriced but at least their colouring has not altered. If CF works for other's then fine but after noticing this with my first pot of CF I will avoid their other products in future. (One wouldn't buy the same make of a product that they had previously had before and had problems with would they?) Normally after something like that it is a case of 'Wouldn't touch those with a bargepole'

Well I think that is me done with this forum, I have had enough already. Have fun amongst yourselves.

It seems to me that you like the idea of a democracy but aren't too keen on affording anyone else the right to respond to you.Not really democratic is it?
It's a moot point anyway since you have left and wont be reading this reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom